What do you do when you're STILL hungry!??

Options
Tonight I had one of those nights. Hungry, hungry, hungry, carbs, carbs, carbs.....

so someone tell me what do you do or eat when you've run out of calories and SERIOUSLY run out of carbs when all you want is carbs??

and no, my total calories are not wrong for the day - most days, i'm satisfied, just having one of those days.

:)

Replies

• NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It's 1030pm,,,just go on to bed!
  • jrsnyder95
    jrsnyder95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    for me it's only 8:30!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    You have to get busy. Start cleaning out your closet, dresser drawers, ironing all of your clothes. Something that will keep you busy. Go on the internet, facebook, MFP, something.

Oh yeah and drink water. You could easily mistaken hunger for dehydration.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's 1030pm,,,just go on to bed!

Yup. Read yourself the book "Go the F* to Sleep" lol.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if I'm actually hungry, so going to bed would not help me. :-)

I go for things like olives or pickles when I'm out of calories but still hungry. I know what you mean about wanting carbs, but the more carbs you eat, the more you'll want. It's a vicious cycle!
  • bud9776
    Options
    sometimes a little something spicy curbs the appitite and tricks the brain. Try a spoonful or 2 of salsa or hot sauce. followed by a bunch of water....
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    drink water until I"m so hypervolemic that I can't possible stomach the thought of eating something!
  • PJT614
    PJT614 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Drink water, eat celery
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    830....it is still early. Paint you nails! That will keep you busy for a little while.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I also have little post it notes outside and inside my fridge that say "Are you hungry or bored" and a big ole list of 'what to do instead of snacking' ideas posted to the fridge. :)
  • jrsnyder95
    jrsnyder95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    water, huh? interesting suggestion....i'll try that!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had one of those nights. Hungry, hungry, hungry, carbs, carbs, carbs.....
    :)

Man, I feel ya! I think we all do. Sometimes I wonder if it is my routine that is talking and I am not really hungry, or if I am really that flipping hungry! In any case, during the day I usually throw in a small peanut butter and celery snack if I need something. Heavy calories, but super filling for what it is. If it is at night, I usually just distract myself in some way. I love to engage the kids and that usually takes my mind off it.

One thing that works in a really tight spot is clinching both fists tightly for 15 seconds and focusing on that. Then slowly releasing my hands. I I mediates throw a prince of gum in my mouth as well. I dunno why it works for me, but it does. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Drink 24 oz of water; add lemon or other flavor. If you're still hungry after that, just EAT... you can average it out over the week.
  • PJT614
    PJT614 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I save 100 calories for these cravings at nite
  • rileydacosta
    Options
    Drink a lot of water???????????????
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    eat protein
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    caffeine free tea, or brush your teeth.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I feel that hungry I will have a tablespoon of peanut butter. I know that it is 100 cals, but it really does the trick! And then... go to bed! lol
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of hot tea. (I like Green Tea). Eat a carrot or some celery and drink a glass of water. Try a bit of exercise. Lose yourself in a book or a movie. If you are sure you have had enough carbs for your needs, then your cravings might be emotional. Can you figure out what is going on, emotionally, and do something else to fix it?