Good Detox Program?

Options
chu604
chu604 Posts: 353 Member
Does anybody know of a good Detox program online or one you can buy?
Not looking to spend a ton of money on it or none at all would be great lol

Thanks for the help

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I'm more a believer in our liver detoxes us 24/7 but I did the detox phase in this book called Cinch! last year. For five days you ate nothing but plain yogurt, almonds, raspberries, spinach and eggs, in specific quantities. I did lose like 8 lbs. (of water weight, undoubtedly) in the five days. But I felt good!
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    What's a good detox? Past couple I have been eating bad food. Please provide some suggestions.

Thanks
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Please advise.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Water, healthy eating, and exercise is all you need.

Detox program are bogus.

Unless of course we're talking drug detoxes here . . . . in which case I'm of a different opinion.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Activated charcoal and potassium? If you ate toxins, you should probably call poison control and go to the doctor NOW.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    No I ate junk food and Iwant a good detox program to get rid of the toxins also lose some lbs.
  • heather86RN
    Options
    I agree that most detox programs are probably bogus. But you can eat a healthy diet and add Chia seeds mixed in water (yes, like Chia Pet) they become gelatenous and are supposed to be a good colon cleanser and help with your bowels. My husband swears by it. You can find them at most health food stores. If you can't find them, Metamucil works well also.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    i have chia seeds it didnt turn gel like when put in water