Progress pics! 5'7" 155-145

Options
CJ_Holmes
CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
I figured out the photos! They are terrible quality, but oh, well. If you want to read anything about my process, It's after. Hope it's helpful! I'm 33 years old and 5'7". I dabbled around on MFP all fall, bouncing between a few pounds. I started tracking every day January 2, 2013, weighing 153.

0ff3d216-ef22-4673-956b-1fb498b85393_zpsf16af0d1.jpg

Front145_zps144b33fe.jpg

66c8ad89-ca8a-443c-84f4-686c98dc6e45_zps0130f7e9.jpg

Side145_zpsc51faf76.jpg

Measurements (Jan 2-Feb 19)

Waist: From 31 to 29 inches
Belly: From 36 to 33 inches
Hips: From 42 to 39 inches

I wanted a sustainable and comfortable small deficit, so I eat 1500 net. I always eat my exercise calories. Most weeks I actually have averaged between 1500-1600 net. I try to keep my carbs below 100, mainly for blood sugar control, but it definitely affects my appetite and weight in a good way to keep them low. I try to eat real, whole food, and I love meat, veggies and fat.

It's been 7 weeks and I have dropped 8 pounds. The first 6 happened pretty fast, and then I have been actually doing about .5 pounds every 5-6 days. My original goal weight was 135, but I will be fine wherever my weight settle keeping up my current lifestyle. I want to get stronger and lose 2-3 more inches everywhere.

I'm a type I diabetic and have pretty much always done some kind of exercise. I do mostly body-weight exercises like lunges, squats, push-ups and assisted pull-ups. I also climb stairs, cycle and run. I like to mix it up, working out at the park and only a bit at the gym, so I wear a HRM and try to keep it up. I usually do something 30-60 minutes a day, sometimes just biking for transportation.

Thanks for all the encouragement, MFP!

Replies

• mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You look great and so happy!! Congrats on all the hard work :D
  • CJ_Holmes
    Options
    Thank you!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Looking good :D
  • CJ_Holmes
    Options
    Thank you so much! I know 10 pounds isn't a lot, but it sure changes my confidence and wardrobe! :)
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work! You look pretty amazing and super strong! Kudos!
  • fabfitme4
    fabfitme4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pics look great. Thank you for sharing them. Especially the smiles on 2013 pics. Keep going :smile:
  • CJ_Holmes
    Options
    Thank you so much! I was kind of embarrassed about the cheesy grins, but I was feeling pretty excited! :D
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Huge difference - especially for only 10 pounds down! You look great.
  • martaphi
    martaphi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great work, keep it up, looking great!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Only ten pounds but you can see them all gone! Great job!
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love following your journey! You look super pumped in your after pic! LOVE IT!
  • zelhya
    Options
    Great job, your smile shar out energy¡¡ congratulations¡
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    wow! great! you look fabulous!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    What a difference 10 lbs makes! Nice work, mama.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! That daily logging speaks to us - :flowerforyou: Keep up the great effort!
  • CJ_Holmes
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! That daily logging speaks to us - :flowerforyou: Keep up the great effort!

I really think the daily logging is key. I lost weight a few years ago, but I didn't know how or why, so I couldn't keep it going or reproduce it. With daily logging I know exactly what works and doesn't.
  • CJ_Holmes
    Options
    Thank you SO much pals! It's so awesome to have the support and feedback!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!