Plateau - help I'm stuck

Options
Nothing seems to work, I have lost 2 stone and now seem to be stuck, nothing moving, tried exercising more, eating less, eating more - nothing changes - what do I do. I don't want to loose my motivation, have a long way to go!!!!

Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I ate at maintainance for 2 weeks and the ate my goal every day and it worked
  • Ohheyits_Sami
    Ohheyits_Sami Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hope something on here helps! http://tmblr.co/Zx_eOtdpXu2d
  • nomorepud
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, I think I need to get myself back to how I was at the start and make sure I am recording everything that I eat. At least with spring coming extra exercise is hopefully easier. Thanks for the tips guys x:wink:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    how many calories do u eat a day?
  • xMallie
    xMallie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for a week, then cut out dairy and began losing weight :) Good luck though!
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for 3 weeks but I fought through it. I changed up what I was doing in the gym and I changed my diet to eat cleaner. Nothing was happening and then all of a sudden I lost 2 lbs and then 3lbs the next week. Don't give up!!
  • Courtier
    Options
    Hi I'm the same I have lost 26lbs but I can't seem to shift ant more weight, and I'm doing nothing different
  • LAURAWAGNER1
    LAURAWAGNER1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I too have been stuck for a few weeks, i was on vacation for 6 days beginning of month, i had gained 6 pounds. I knew I would gain some, I had lost 4 of the pounds, but I am stuck. Prior to vacation I was stuck too, i had lowered my calories, then I increased them for a few days, i was going to the gym everyday as well, and didnt loosed. I only lost about 1/4 in off my waist.

I welcome any suggestions..thanks
  • rtowns001
    Options
    Before I found MFP I had lost over 4 stone.
    Same thing happened to me, I lost the first two stone and I stuck for nearly 8 weeks.
    I think it's just your body adjusting to the changes.
    Don't get disheartened just keep going and the weight should start to drop again
  • nomorepud
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive messages and great advice, going to mix up the exercise and be stricter with logging everything I eat and drink and keep at it and see what happens. On the plus side I suppose it stuck and didn't go up!! :love:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

This.
  • FitFrazzle
    Options
    Same here, its getting annoying now!

Eat more, eat less, more weights more cardio! #confused

Will watch this topic with interest.
  • amethyst37
    Options
    Oh wow, your doing so well. Dont give up. Even though you dont see the changes when you step on the scales..your body is still changing. Keep going x
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Be strict with recording food. Have you tried varying your exercise routine? That has worked for me
  • nomorepud
    Options

This.

I have varied it to see if anything works, tried eating below and then tried giving myself a break, nothing seems to have worked, but going to keep going
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear you and I so feel for you!

I too, will watch this with interest and maybe we both can move forward again:bigsmile:

I have only intensified my exercise, a little I feel, catalogued, measured, weighed, logged everything and lost zero for weeks and now the ultimate insult, gained 1/2 kg in last week, why?

So so disheartening and frustrating:brokenheart:

I will support and encourage you and hope that you are back on track and happier soon, good luck:flowerforyou:
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    Great advice. Thanks! :smile:
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've plateaued too - and I'm not even sure how to spell it. :tongue: Only thing I would suggest is to take some measurements and keep an eye on those as well as your weight. I've lost inches, but the scale has actually gone up by 1lb over the past 3 weeks. Also note how your clothes feel on you. I have a pair of low rise skinny jeans that are a good indicator!

Feeling your pain. Wish I could be of more help. Come back to the boards and let us know how you're getting on.
    xxx
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options

This.

I have varied it to see if anything works, tried eating below and then tried giving myself a break, nothing seems to have worked, but going to keep going

how long did you stick to these variations before you varied them again?

patience is so key here.

also search "in place of a roadmap" on here.

primrose makes an excellent point about scale number vs measurements.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

This.

how long did you stick to these variations before you varied them again?

patience is so key here.

also search "in place of a roadmap" on here.

primrose makes an excellent point about scale number vs measurements.

Here is the link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717565-in-place-of-a-road-map