Need some motivation!

Options
I'm really trying, but I seem to not do so well on the weekends. I definitely need some motivation. If anyone can keep me on track, I'd greatly appreciate it. I log in everyday. I just feel down & upset. I have 50 lbs to loose.

Replies

• SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What is it you slip up on during the weekend?

I'm quite lucky in the fact that I never get 2 days off back-to-back. I work on Saturdays so I have Thursday and Sunday as my days off. Whilst having a "broken up" weekend is annoying sometimes it is actually quite nice because I don't have 2 whole days to myself to maybe be lazy or eat more than usual etc.

As for motivation, you just have to remember why you're doing this. I reached a point in my life where I realized nearly everything that made me feel depressed or prevented me from doing something I wanted to was due to my weight. My self confidence and self belief were at rock bottom and I was absolutely sick of it. Once I had reached that breaking point I decided to start losing weight and nothing has diverted my attention since that day.

At the end of the day this journey has to be about you, about making yourself happier, about putting any negative feelings related to your weight/health behind you and carving a new path for you to follow for the rest of your life. It will be hard at times and maybe won't go according to plan but if you want it badly enough then you just have to keep working at it.

Feeling down and upset is natural, I get those feelings very often, especially if my weight loss is slow or stalls for a week or so. Just stick at it and remember why you're doing this. Keep your eye on your goal and don't let anyone or anything get in your way.

All the best.
  • 32thirtytwo
    Options
    Weekends are a tough time for many of us. I've had weekends where I gain back (and more) what I lost during the week and it is a tough thing to see. I've remembered how that feels and I will use that as the motivation to keep on track. Make the goal to keep the same weight through the weekend. Honestly, sometimes the scale can be an enemy. Weigh yourself once a week or even longer so you don't fall victim to the little ups and downs that the scale shows. This is a long-term trip we're on. Small steps, stay focused and you'll get there.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i understand the weekend thing. me and my fiance are both off work. that is when we typically sit around in the house because its cold outside and were just not motivated to do much after a long work week. and we dont like to cook, so eating out or fast food. all you can do is plan ahead. maybe do more exercise in the mornings to get it done and allow for extra calories. feel free to add me.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    And if you plan lots of activities and work out time? I look forward tot he weekends bc i can finally work out while munchkin is napping rather than sneakign a quick one in after work, before picking him up, making dinner, etc....