iPhone Training for a 5K app...

Options
Hey everybody I've been running since the beginning of the year.
I know it's not a long time but I go almost every day really religiously.
I think I made it a habit by now.
I've Lost 10 pounds and I want to run a 5K in April or May sometime…

I can run about a mile and a half without stopping to walk and then when I stop I only need to stop for a couple seconds & a short distance before I start going again. I usually stop because my heart rate gets 168 - 175) and it gets a little hard to maintain even breath and light talking… My legs and body are fine I don't know if that matters… )

I'm usually on the treadmill for about 30 to 40 minutes and about 2 1/2 to 3 miles.

Total newbie runner here. I'm prob doing it all wrong.

After all that I'm looking for an app for my iPhone app that will train me to run longer distances regardless of time…

Does anyone know of one of those couch to 5K programs that is really good?
They're so many out there with so many reviews
I tried a few and I don't like the ones I've tried so I'm looking for other options.
(Okay so I've only tried two…) (And it's not because of the run walk intervals that I didn't like them… I think it was because of lack of something or layout or something stupid like that probably…)

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations?
Or any ideas how to get myself better able to run longer distances and aim for my first 5K.

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    the c25k trainer by zen labs is great! I've tried a few of them,but always come back to this one!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    the c25k trainer by zen labs is great! I've tried a few of them,but always come back to this one!

This! It transformed my life from zero miles to eleven miles in a year! Don't be afraid to repeat weeks! You will become addicted. After using c25k I went to bridgeto10k. Then I went to runkeeper's apps training programs, beginners half marathon. I love that I wake up and it tells me how many miles I should do today. It's like your own personal trainer. I'm sick today and shouldn't run, it makes me cranky when I can't run.
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow two votes for one app! That's got to be a record…. :)

Alright consider it purchased.
    I'm going right now thank you so much for all your help…