Lasagna

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
OYE. So tonight for dinner, I'm going to my boyfriends uncles. I guess there making lasagna and pasta and meatballs and all yummy fatty food. I planned on getting up early this morning to workout before work because I'm not going to be able to tonight at all. Well I didnt because I was so tired even though I went to bed early last night. I'm hoping they'll have salad. Obviously theres really no way for me to find out the calories of the food, so tonight I guess all i can do is use portion control. But I'm obviously still probably going to go over.

Replies

• dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    Go for a nice fast walk on your lunch. Easy does it on lunch, big salad maybe. Have a snack right before you go or on the way there. No bread during dinner. Drink LOTS of water, no dessert and ENJOY your lasagna!!!!
    It's okay to enjoy a different kind of food once in a while :-)
    I manage to fit 10 wonderfully flavored wings into my diet once a week and stay under my calories for the day! You can too, and even if you go over by 100 or so, there's always tomorrow.
    You'll be able to get a pretty good estimate for lasagna in the food db.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. Try not to think of portion control of a last resort! It's what we should have been doing for a LONG time, but commercials and our gluttony have made us think that if we don't have a pile of food that we're deprived.

I bet a nice square of lasagna will be sufficient, anything more will be unnecessary. Listen to your body. Eat some, check in with your tummy, if you're still hungry eat a little bit more. And you always have the option of grabbing some veggies before you go to the uncle's if you need.

Remember, YOU are in control, not uncle, not the food. ERICA is in control. :)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I went for Lasagna last night at my sisters house. Just have one 3-4" square and a big salad, skip the meatballs.............you will do just fine! The calories should only be between 500 - 600.
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    Don't be to hard on yourself hon, I know the feeling. It is hard to contorl what you eat when you are out or at someone elses house. Just drink a full glass of water before you eat and remember to eat slowly, also if you feel the need for seconds, wait 20 minutes all this will help you to feel full faster, you could also try to eat a handful of raw soaked almonds if you have any on hand before you go. Oh also drink a full glass of water after you eat as well, just try to eat those smaller portions, if you detrimmen that before you go, you are less likly to over do it and if you do go over board, just pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get back on the ban wagon, we all make bad choices trying to change our life style and just make sure you don't over do it again this week. Make this your one free meal for the week, workout a few minutes longer tomorrow! But chin up and be proud of what you have accomplish thus far:) Good luck and God Bless!
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    I make lasagna for dinner sometimes. If I use lean ground beef and lite mozzarella and cook it in a 13x9 pan then 1/8th comes out to be appx 450-500 cals.
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Even if you go over by 100 or so, you should still be in a deficit. I don't advocate going over on a regular basis, but sometimes its easier to just eat the food. Family gatherings are especially hard, there's always going to be someone there who just doesn't get it. Take everyone's advice, walk at lunch, huge salad for your midday meal and a healthy snack right before dinner. Have fun and manga!!!
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    I make lasagna for dinner sometimes. If I use lean ground beef and lite mozzarella and cook it in a 13x9 pan then 1/8th comes out to be appx 450-500 cals.

recipe please? if you have one.
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I agree with TropicalKitty.....enjoy that lasagna! :blushing:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was planning on eating a 100 calorie pack of almonds before so that's good. I'm just afraid about the bread..that is my BIGGEST weakness and the salad dressing for the salad. I think its anti pasto salad so im not going to eat the deli meat on top of it.