Lost in Scales

Options
So I'm feeling frustrated when it comes down to weighing myself :mad: I weighed myself in both digital and basic scales this morning. The digital says that I lost a pound and when I tried again it showed I gained a pound. So I figured I'd try again and this time it says I gained a pound a half! I took the basic scale out and reweighed myself more than three times and it shows that I've lost 3 lbs! I have been working out a lot and feeling "light". Can anyone PLEASE show me the "light" to my dilemma? Does anyone utilize the basic scale versus the digital or vice versa? HELP! :sad:

Replies

• Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have *FINALLY* realized that this shouldn't be all about the number on the scale. It's all about how I feel about myself. Don't obsess over the scale! That number isn't the be all end all of your success!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have *FINALLY* realized that this shouldn't be all about the number on the scale. It's all about how I feel about myself. Don't obsess over the scale! That number isn't the be all end all of your success!

^^^^^^
    yah know this lady talks sense! I'm stressing over a 2 lb gain when I have lost 100lbs. doh!
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you always use the same scale you will have consistent results, sounds like your digital may need a new battery if the number is changing each time you step on it.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hide both scales. Take measurements.
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    yep. me too. I try to stay off the scale. it will say I've gained 2 pounds in a couple of days. Then it say I lost one pound. I try to weigh myself once a week.
  • Danalynn39
    Options
    For me I NEVER show on the scale what I show in sizes and my body. I will stay the same number for weeks, but drop a size or two. It makes no sense other than changing fat for muscle I'm guessing. Like others say. Don't obsess over the scale. It will drive you crazy and run you off track. Go with how you feel and if the clothes are fitting better. It will keep the motivation going. The scale will come. And I had this said to me and I thought, yea right. It does happen.
  • keshiabug1
    Options
    Take measurements! The scale weighs water, muscle, fat, food... lol. Measuring tapes measure your actual size! When you look at yourself you see your size... You don't see how much water, fat and so on that you have consumed. Measurements are the way to go. :)
  • chynatowngirl44
    chynatowngirl44 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    MEASUREMENTS....nuff said
  • Aleks87
    Options
    Don't trust the scale. My scale is my worst enemy. It said that I said 5lbs in one day!!! I have been trying to keep myself from stepping on it and I know how hard it is because you want to see results.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You need to decide on one scale and use that consistantly and pick one day and time to weigh in. Measurements are also a good thing to do. The scale may not show much but your body is changing and the measurements will show that and give you the boost you need.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself once per week, on the same day, in the morning, before breakfast, on the same scale. That will get you the best moving average. If you weigh yourself daily be prepared to see 1-2 pound fluctuations. It's perfectly normal.

Also... do measurements!