New and a bit confused :)

Options
Hello, I started myfitnesspal at the beginning of the week and have done really good so far. I will post my question first and then do my inroduction: After I log in all my food for the day, why it is saying," By March... you will weigh," and mine is going UP in pounds every day? I am staying well under my calories, carbs and protein but I have went over in few points in my fats on a couple of days.
Any ideas?

Now I will say a little about myself. My name is Angela and I have been married to my husband for 21 years. We have a teenage son and new baby girl I had last year that was a complete surprise and an awesome blessing!
I have always been heavy but I held my weight very well and was very active and healthy. Of course age creeps up on you and since I've been in my 40 things are changing. All the years I took for granted and didn't exercise or eat right have, of course, caught up to me.
I have arthritis in my spine and knees and my hip is really giving me some problems, pretty much everything hurts!
I have a baby now who needs a momma that can play on the floor and years ahead of going to the parks, playing, and being active.
I think of the emotional hurt I felt being an overweight little girl and I don't want this for my little girl. (I didn't want it for my son either and I was very active with him but in denile about our eating habits.)

I know I need a total makeover in my mind on food and exercise. I want to be healthy, I want to feel good, and I want to look good. Not just for myself but for my family.
I need all the prayers and support I can get and hopefully I can be an encouragement to other here also.
Thanks for listening and good luck everyone!

Replies

• treisch
    Options
    Double check the numbers you plugged in when you started. Make sure your starting weight and goal weights are correct.
  • onthelam67
    Options
    "I am staying well under my calories..." Please eat your calories. Double check the numbers you put in first but then eat every calorie you are allowed...including the ones you exercise away. If you get 1400 but then do 200 calories worth of exercise, eat up those 200 calories so you are always eating your 1400 (example only) calories. Food is fuel. Just adjust your fuel to premium. Good fats, whole grains, limited sugars and fresh, unprocessed food. It's a huge learning curve for us "tad older" girls - I'm 45. Feel free to friend me and check out my food/exercise diary. Keep up the good work and keep in touch!