New here- need to lose baby weight and some more!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to MFP, just new to using the web site and community forum and I've hit a wall and could really use some support! I am 29 years old and had my beautiful baby girl on Halloween. I am 5'5" and currently 166 lbs. Prior to getting pregnant I was at an all time high for my weight at 150 and ended up putting on an additional 40 lbs. I lost 24 lbs in the first 6 weeks post-partum and have pretty much been at a standstill since then (which has been 10 weeks). I get motivated and keep it up for a few days or weeks and then my will power is gone and I go back to my bad eating habits and start talking myself out of working out. I woke up this morning and realized that spring is right around the corner and I know that I will be so unhappy and uncomfortable in my skin this summer unless I really commit now and get my act in gear. My goal is to lose another 30 lbs by my 30th birthday which is in July.

Thanks for listening to me and letting me introduce myself! I'd love to hear from people who have experienced success or maybe have similar goals. I am also interested in clean eating, since I've never really tried that.

Replies

• swiftjen77
    Options
    Hi! I had my son in August and I had been a size 2 weighing around 108 (I'm 5'3") for several years and then I put on some weight and weighed 123 when I got pregnant which I was NOT happy with. Also, it was the holiday season when I got pregnant. My weakness has always been sugary sodas like Pepsi and root beer. I FINALLY gave those up in January. Anyway, I gained 45 pounds while I was pregnant (168 lbs). I had my son and lost a good bit of weight initially but got down to 145 lbs and it stopped. That was in November. I haven't tried to lose weight until the end of January. So basically all of February I have been walking/jogging, cut calories, gave up sodas and ALL caloric beverages except for 1 cup of soymilk in the mornings. The rest is only water or Zevia sodas which are calorie free and sweetened with Stevia. Anyway, it is now almost the last week of this month and I was 143 at the begining of Feb and my scale this morning says 142 (one pound really???) but the good thing is I can see my weight loss in the mirror just not on the scale. Oh, and to top it all off I am still exclusively breastfeeding so I am hoping that helps too. Nice to meet you! I will send you a friend request!
  • lself0924
    lself0924 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey Erin,

My wife and I had seven children and I gained ten pounds for each one (sympathy pounds I guess). I have two daughter who each have a child and I gained ten for each of them. LOL. Anyway you can do the math and then add another twenty for good measure.

I have dieted much of my life and could always lose ten or twelve and then hit a wall. This time has been different. I study, ask a lot of questions and I'm learning about losing weight. It's been seven week, no walls yet. Steady and slow. My profile and diary are open.

I would be glad to share with you what I'm learning. Calorie deficit! Calorie deficit! Calorie deficit!

Good luck!
  • xandralaw
    xandralaw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to using MFP too and am trying to take off the baby weight and then some.. I had my second child in Aug 2011. I was overweight when I got pregnant (I was at an all time high of 169 and I'm 5'5"). I'd like to get back down to my wedding weight of 145.

I've been using WW and MFP simultaneously to compare. I'm also using Beachbody work outs and drinking Shakeology for breakfast. :happy:

My weakness is binge eating from stress. I have an awful lot on my plate and reward myself with food and drink. I also struggle with depression, so eating healthy and exercise is key to me!

I would love some support, friends, accountability and am happy to offer same :)

Alex (xandralaw)
  • kellyreitman
    Options
    You can do it! Add me if you want/need a friend! I'll be happy to support you in any way I can!
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for replying!

Jen, I totally understand the frustration of the numbers on the scale refusing to budge, I KNOW that is one thing that can derail me but that's wonderful that you are seeing your body change, that means more than the number. I can also relate to having an issue with sugary drinks (sugar in general really) because I am addicted to Diet Coke. I know I need to give it up or at least cut back down to one can a day, but its so hard! Even though the Diet Coke has no calories, I've noticed that when I have a soda it seems to prompt me to want to eat more junky food.

Iself, thank you for the support and congrats on your weight loss so far, that's wonderful!

Alex, I am also a binge eater/emotional eater. Also, if I am bored my mind will automatically drift off to thinking about what im going to eat next, even it I'm not hungry- it's so frustrating! I also am doing Beach Body DVDs, I just got 10 minute trainer and m going to try that out as soon as my husband puts the attachment on the door. What do you think of Shakeology? I looked at it briefly but wasn't certain it was for me. I've had muscle milk and slim fast shakes before and I like the taste of those, how does Shakeology compare?

Kelly, thank you for your support, I really appreciate it!

Good luck to all of us! I am really hoping I can keep this up.