Chia Seeds

Options
Has anyone taken them? Have you noticed a difference? How much do you take?

Replies

• ppshaffer
    ppshaffer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is Chia Seeds?
  • ppshaffer
    ppshaffer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is waht the web says:
    How Many Chia Seeds Should You Eat? We recommend two daily doses of about 20 g each (1.5 ounces total).
  • BrenWOW
    Options
    I take them almost daily and people will say it's useless, but I do feel better when I take them- lot of vitamins and fiber. 2 TBS a day- I put them in my oatmeal or yogurt or on salads, soup. Not for weight loss though, I don't see a difference with that- I just wanted something natural that is healthy.
  • Ash_Diya
    Options
    I use chia daily, for breakfast I do All bran cereal, 2 tbsp chia, raspberry and for lunch whatever I get (sandwich, soup) I put in 2 tbsp of chia. It has a whole lot of fiber which helps keep me regular and also it gives me energy. I eat a tbsp before I head out for my jog. Its tasteless so you can put it in any thing you eat.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I add them to my protein powder when I want to turn it into something more resembling a meal. Great dose of healthy fats and all kinds of nutrients.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I put a table spoon or 2 on what ever I'm eating for dinner. However, the only thing I notice from it is an increase in the good nutritional values on my food diary.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I add them to my yogurt in the morning. They make it thicker and add a little texture. I think I feel fuller from a container of yogurt with chia seeds stirred in than I did without them. I also use them to bind meatballs (using half eggs, half soaked chia seeds) because of the higher fiber....the meat eaters in my family need to eat more fiber and less protein.
  • chefitup123
    Options
    Ch ch ch chia! A tablespoon in a smoothie!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i eat them about every day in my yogurt, i dont feel any different, but they say its a good source of stuff you need, protein and fiber, and minerals.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    When they swell up they are supposed to make you feel full. I add to oatmeal.