NOOB thinks --> Parenthood=Weight Gain

Options
My name is Eva and this is my first message. I will start off with the fact that even though I worked out M-F during my pregnancy ( I was in the Army it was mandatory) I still gained almost 50 lbs even though all I craved was healthy foods. I was still 40 lbs overweight after my precious little lady was born. I continued to eat healthy and work out 2x a day for an hour each time.... weight still piled on. It is unfair. I was 135lbs before I got pregnant and I was SO happy. I even got my belly button peirced because I was finally confident in my body. I have had the thyroid checked out and the bottom line is there is no reason that I should be gaining weight at an obnoxious rate . I am almost 200 lbs and I am only 23. I just dont understand. I have been trying so hard to just get under 180 and it is just so hard. I know that this is not the best way to go about it , but I am only eating around 1000 calories a day. My goal is 1200 so it isnt too bad . I hear what everyone is saying , I have a knowlegde of human anatomy and the starvation mode that your body goes through, and I also have tried just woring out , working out with a low(ish) calorie diet ,and with a higher I have also tried just relaxing and letting my body fix itself , but none of that work ( it has been almost 2 years and I still have my baby pooch , weight and hormone irregulation) Bottom line is I feel SOOO much better and I dont know why, eveything I read and hear points to the fact that I should feel miserable and tired. I have only lost 1 lb in 2 weeks and that one lb feels like 20. I have more energy and I am happier all the time ... I am just confused. If anyone can help on this subject , WITHOUT being rude I would appreciate it.

Replies

• emyleigh2005
    Options
    HI Eva, When you say working out do you mean cardio or cardio and strength training? Perhaps you need to change up your workout routine, more strength training, or yoga.