New to this site...looking for advise and support

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site but I've been on a few dieting sites before. I'm sick of being the only over weight person on some dieting sites!
I'm 31, a born-again Christian, a SAHM of 4. I weight 241.5 lbs and am only 5'1"...ouch :(
I use to be nice and skinny, then I started having children and really let myself go! I've been walking almost every night my my closest friend. We walk about 3 miles at 25 minutes a mile...Now to see the weight come off!!
I went in to my doctor for a weight check yesterday because of the medication he has me on (no lap-band for me, might work and be great for others but not me). I gained 1.5 pounds!! In a week!! I was very upset, but my wonderful DH said not to worry, it'll come off, I've been working hard...he's so great!
So that's me...if I've left anything unsaid, feel free to ask me...I'm an open book!! :)

Replies

• tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    Welcome! Parts of your intro sound like I wrote them lol. I am also a SAHM of 4, as well as a Christian. I'll send a friend request, be happy to be some extra support!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Well you've come to the right place!! The site is awesome and (just about) everyone is motivating! Ive been here since April and absolutely love it!! Fortunately on this site, A LOT of us are here for the same reason. So if you want/need motivation/support, feel free to send me a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • aweightogo
    aweightogo Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome! I was also hesitant about being on this site because I was afraid of bigging the only "big girl" on here. I can't tell you how many times I felt that way with other programs! This site is great! Everyone seems to be very supportive and encouraging. I remember my first few days, and I can tell you I struggled. It will get better! I pray daily, sometimes hourly, about my food choices and it helps. I am becoming less so that He can become more. Good luck and know that you have a place to get the encouragement you need. :)
  • Kris_Borden
    Options
    I am new and just looking for some advice, now I am just cutting calorie intake. Any suggestions on a preferred diet plan would be appreciated.
  • Kris_Borden
    Options
    :smile:
  • ecabrera
    ecabrera Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm struggling myself and as a 48 yr old 5'1" woman whose doctor recommended losing 50 lbs, I truly understand. I had been successful on this site in the past but when my daughter became ill, I stopped trying. My daughter is now doing better and I am back. I have appreciated the knowledge, encouragement and understanding from the kind folks on this site. Good luck.