Anyone else juicing?

Options

Replies

• zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What brand of juicer is recommended? I bought a Sharper Image juicer from Bed, Bath and Beyond last year but it does a crappy job. There's way too much juice left in the pulp. I'm thinking of getting a different one this year but don't know what to get.

I have an Omega 8004. Don't get a centrifugal type juices. The masticating ones have so much less waste. I have so little waste from my juices. It's always very dry pulp too. My juicer is a little slower than a centrifugal one but it only takes me about 10 minutes or less to make the juice. The time to prep veggies takes longer.

Another option is to use a highspeed blender and a nut bag. There is a great demo of this by Raw food Rene

http://youtu.be/YGendHVlxro

Good luck all!
  • Tamz2013
    Tamz2013 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tried my first juice this weekend. I wanted to first try it in my blender before making the monetary commitment of a juicer. It was really GREEN but it wasn't half bad. I used cucumber, parsley, fresh spinach, three strawberries and one banana. A recipe from a MFP friend. I'll be getting me a juicer soon and try out some of the recipes listed here.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I am not fasting, but I have been drinking green juice everyday for two weeks. I like it and I'm having a blast mixing different veggies, and re-making salad recipes into juice. Today I had rainbow chard, kale, bell pepper, cucumber, anise, jalapeno, and half sweet red apple. It was delecious! Good luck on your adventure.
  • losin4ever
    losin4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Started today.........our omega 8006 came in and we went and bought some produce and tried small one
    last night and this morning made one and just had another.....I feel content.......drinking some water now...
    so far the ingredients are
    kale
    spinach
    cucumber
    lemon
    orange
    apple
    ginger
    celery

this morning there was no orange.....as soon as payday then more veggies for more flavors...
  • cwick56
    cwick56 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Totally thought this was about steroids... What a world we live in
  • ForMyAngelBaby
    ForMyAngelBaby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I tried a juice diet in attempt to detox my body. I found right away that I was always hungry and after 2 days I ended up going on a binge spree. I made a switch to a diet heavy in lean proteins, and I now save juices for when my sweet tooth kicks in. It's working great for me. Good luck to you!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I am into smoothies, not juices.
    When i first started out i used more fruits than veg but now it is the opposite. Most of the ones i make these days i only use one fruit. I have found that carrot is a great sweetener. I am not a fan of using spinach in my smoothies though I will use if if I have nothing else. I like using kale, cucumber and lettuce.
  • Skinner150
    Options
    To: keic10688-

Is that Joe Cross? I watched his documentary and was converted to juicing!
    Everyone should watch it.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Juicing takes work! The NutriBullet is more conducive to my needs.. quick & easy! I do a lot of protein smooties, which you can with the NutriBullet.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've thought about buying a juicer to use up my fruits/veggies when they are on their way out. Otherwise they end up in the trash a lot of the time. I wasn't sure which juicer would be worth the $ because some are real expensive and some are pretty cheap.
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Started today.........our omega 8006 came in and we went and bought some produce and tried small one
    last night and this morning made one and just had another.....I feel content.......drinking some water now...
    so far the ingredients are
    kale
    spinach
    cucumber
    lemon
    orange
    apple
    ginger
    celery

this morning there was no orange.....as soon as payday then more veggies for more flavors...

I love my juice! In the summer I grew my own greens garden just for juicing. I want to add to it more this year. Also I buy large quantities to save money. If bags of oranges are on sale I buy two. I don't buy organic oranges but anything that the peel goes through I try to buy organic. You will find what works for you. I've had my juicer over a year and I use it about 4x a week and more in the summer. I first noticed changes in my skin. I haven't worked my way up to a cleanse yet.

Not sure if you found this website yet but check this out.
    http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans/

Great juicing plans.
  • mystoryischanging
    Options
    bump
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    Don't worry about your skin turning orange, but carrots are great!
    Be aware of strictly juicing fruits, it will make you crave eventually. But if you juice greens always add apple to cut the taste.
    I like tomatoes, cucumber and carrot together. Delicious, filling and refreshing.
    I prefer to eat my greens for the brushing of my intestines out.
    Good luck, you will do it!
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    juice-670-75.jpg
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Wow how bout just lose weight without dieting. Do something that you'll continue for the long haul. Eat at a slight deficit and enjoy real food. Its quite a concept I know! Doing fad diets like this will just keep you yo yoing and you'll gain it back and be right back at square one. There's no hurry.
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options

LOL
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i take creatine. does that count?
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options

LOL

vera-de-milo_288x288.jpg
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love adding gingerroot, an apple, or orange at the end
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hey there ! I'm a juicing fanatic and vegetarian! I'm currently about to complete a 60 day juice fast on the 27th but it's not all juice I drank, I had small small meals to go along with it ! When I say small meals, I mean like an apple and half a sandwich with my juice ! :D HMU with any questions that you have ! I'd love to help! :D