Chicken Rice Casserole

aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I made probably my favorite thing EVER this past weekend. I had recorded chicken, some Rice a Roni Chicken Fajita rice and corn in my diary but when I went to make it, I thought... that's boring. So I cooked up the rice according to the box, added chicken and let it cook thoroughly, then threw frozen corn into the pan, mixed it all up and then dumped it into a glass bowl, covered the top with low-sodium mozzarella cheese and baked it for about 15 minutes. It turned out DELICOUS!!!! I had about a cup of it and gave my bf about 2 cups, then the rest we split between us, which was probably another 1/2 cup or cup for me.

Easy dinner...it took about 40 minutes total but it only took that long because I wanted the cheese completely melted. Definitely something to try for those of you not afraid of simple carbs :tongue:

EDIT - I figure it's yield is about 5 or 6 cups so I just put in my diary that I ate 1/4 of it and these are the nutrition facts for that:

Cal: 282
Carbs: 39
Fat: 10
Protein: 12 (only because I ONLY had 1 chicken breast left - or I would have probably used 1 1/2 breasts)
Fiber: 2
Sodium: 903 (you could easily just use white or brown rice and use some salsa to give it the hot kick that I loved most about the rice. Or make your own seasoning with say, crushed red pepper, some cumin, and maybe some onion or garlic powder.)

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Thanks Arielle:flowerforyou:
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    This totally inspired me for dinner! I was wondering what I was going to make...thanks!
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Bump :)
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    I made this for dinner last night, but used the butter and herb rice because that's what I had. The calories were a little higher (probably because that rice is a little creamier), but it was still a FANTASTIC dish.

My roommie suggested next time we add some carrots and brocoli! De-lish!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Very simple and just a little more fun than chicken/rice/veggies sitting in their respective corners on your plate, lol! This would be great at the end of the week or so when the fresh veggies are all eaten. I’ll use brown rice, frozen corn (1/2 cup), chicken and Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce only because I don’t have salsa in the house. Its too tempting to buy chips to go with it! I despise cheese and hubby isn’t a big fan either, he eats it once a month or so with crackers If I had to buy it for guests or something so that will save a lot of calories.

Loos like my meal is; 7 WW points, 363 calories, 8 grams of fat and 3 fibre.

Hey, isn’t this like that bowl meal KFC has but they use mashed potatoes? Bet we are all saving hundreds of calories, even with cheese!

1100181.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    bump
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    I love this idea it looks so yummy and gives me so many ideas!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    sounds good
  • bump
This discussion has been closed.