5'8 Lady Success Stories Please!

Options

Replies

• iliveintheshire
    Options
    HEY 5'8'' LADIES! I'm 5'8'' and a quarter ;)
    I'm not a success yet but I've lost 24 lbs so far... SW: 176, CW 152. My pics are on my profile.
    I will go see if I can upload them somewhere to see if I can figure out how to post my pics. They are on my profile if you want to add me!
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    IMG_2426-1_zps900b6b57.jpg

dang, it's too big. right click on it and select "view image" if you want to see the whole image. sorry ladies.
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love that on your profile picture, you have on the same dress in your before & after pic. You look great.
  • Neria1235
    Options
    Bumping for follow up.
  • bigb2001
    bigb2001 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and after my last baby my biggest was 216. I am down to 198 and still trying. I feel a bit stuck right now so going to start running and hope it helps. Good luck to all!!!:flowerforyou:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Bump!

(to inspire me)

Great thread! Thanks for your stories and pictures!

I'm 5' 8.5".
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wahooo, finally found my 5'8" sisters for inspiration!
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm not 5'8 but I am 5'7 so here are my half way mark pics.
    2woapoo.png
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    89DCECAB-6AB6-474C-8997-B11895C246DD-3489-000003DE1F1E12CA_zps2e73a530.jpg

You all look amazing. ! <3

Left: August 2012 in London 158 pounds
    Right: today: 148 pounds. :)

Just stayed under TDEE and I can't rely on exercise to help me at all, because its sporadic.
  • dalisalove
    dalisalove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.75" (close enough!)

SW: 261 (Highest ever)
    CW: 175
    GW: 145ish

I'll update with results later! :)
  • Lormic98
    Options
    I'm 5'8" , 55 years old, currently 158 lbs. My goal is to maintain at a range between 150 and 155, to accommodate weight fluctuations. I tend to carry most of my extra weight around my middle. My highest recent weight was 167 (not counting pregnancy and post-baby, a long time ago).

I currently wear size 12 pants that are kind of baggy. My goal is to maintain a nice size 10 pant size, with no muffin top.

I plan to continue exercisisng, lifting weights, toning, etc., so that as I age I remain healthy and fit. I want to be the grandma that can roll on the floor with the kids and carry them around, run with them, etc. (I'm not a grandma yet, but some day hopefully will be.)

Many of you who have posted looked awesome! and have made amazing transformations - very motivating!!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    This is so encouraging to see!! I started last Tuesday (2/11) at 166.4. Today I am down to 163.4. :) Lifting 3 times a week and running 3 or more times a week. Plan on running in the Color Me Rad 5k in May.
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring. I am 5'8 and it is wonderful to see that it can be done. Just started in Febuary and lost 8 pounds so far. I do have goals that I want to meet my August. Great job!!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 28. My starting weight was 175lbs. I am 175lbs in the pic in my profile with the red and white striped shirt. Seeing this picture show up on facebook in May 2012 made me change everything.

I got serious about losing weight in June but went about it in all the wrong ways simply because I didn't know better. I was already a member of MFP but never used it, so I started logging and had a MAJOR reality check about how much food I was eating. Granted it wasn't terrible stuff, it was just way too much. Since then I've been logging (minus a 10 day break in August, for no reason really) and working out. I've had cheat meals/days/weekends/weeks and I've had weeks when I only did 1 or 2 workouts due to sickness, travel, whatever. But the main thing is that I've had more good than bad, and I make sure to pick myself back up after a bad day and get back on that wagon!

So it took me about 9 months to lose 27lbs. I have 3lbs left until I hit my goal of 145lbs. It's been slow, but I did it right and I know I will never gain it back. It takes time to break old habits and create new ones, which is exactly what you want to do for weight loss.

In my other profile pics I think I am about 155lbs. I will post a new pic when I hit my goal. :)
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    BUMP for when I'm at home
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Bump for motivation
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lost 20lbs in two months
  • Dopie2
    Dopie2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are all very inspiring!!!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I everyone,
    I am 5'8"
    I was overweight for over 4 yrs ever since I had my daughter.
    I do not know my goal weight, because I forgot where I was before I had my daughter. So how I look is my goal, I never used to weigh myself before.
    I have lost 60 lbs so far since my son was born 2 yrs ago.
    We can do this.
    I struggle sometimes but I just pick myself up again, and start from where I had stopped.
    This change for me is for life,
    good luck to you all,
    You can do it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!