Heart Rate Monitor

Options
What is a good Heart Rate Monitor to use to track calories burned? What do you use and do you like it?

Replies

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I bought the new balance hrm. WHich i like but i noted its limitations right from the start.
    It doesnt take your HR on its own your must do it, its not hard but its annoying and wont be fun for running. However the price was right it was under 30 on amazon and for my first one I like it.
    I will invest more in my next one when this one is no longer useful.
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just asked this question out loud to someone here in my office. I'd be interested to hear some opinions as well!
  • srhenderson85
    srhenderson85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar H7 a couple of weeks ago and am in love with it. It's simple to use and since it pairs with my phone it doesn't require a watch to sync to. Before I came across that one, I had heard good things about the Polar FT4 and was leaning that way.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i love HRM!!!!!!!! they keep me so motivated to burn that one more calorie :) i jus bought one from amazon Polar FT4 for $65..free shipping. I have been lookin to replace my old one for awhile and that was a good deal to not pass up..ill be giving my old HRM to my sister :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    The Polar ones are the most popular....I have a five year old Polar.. Now I think it was helpful, but definitely not necessary in the big scheme of things. I only used it maybe twenty times. It is a nice waterproof watch; but for $30 I could have a waterproof watch.

Here read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

Also, go onto Amazon and read the customer reviews, then go to the Polar website and compare models side-by-side.
  • AwesomeTriathlon
    AwesomeTriathlon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7. It does a freaking awesome job, and the strap is really comfortable. Plus the watch is pretty badass for non-workout days, even though I didn't get the pink one. But it's nice to know what I'm really burning instead of what myfitnesspal or the stupid treadmills tell me. Was $110
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both have Polars. I have an old F1 and she has an FT7. Both are awesome and I don't ever workout without mine..
    Mine only remembers one workout where her's does multiple, but honestly, the workout I just finished is the only one that matters to me anyway. I log on MFP, so if I need to know info from a past workout, I'll look on here.
  • Pipenny
    Pipenny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What do you feel is more usefull, a Heart Monitor or the fitbit?
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I got the most basic Polar. I like it and have had it about a month - however, I now wish I would have gotten the FT7 that syncs with my phone, since I always have my phone with me and it negates the need for the watch.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm getting both the Fitbit and a Polar HRM. And I'm really excited about the HRM the most. Just because I'm obsessed in knowing exactly how many calories I'm burning during my work-outs and pt session's with my trainer.