I'm in the under-200lb club!!!!!

Options
That took a lot of guts for me to write that number. I am still regretting it...

yep still regretting it! But I thought I deserved to fully celebrate that wonderfully glorious accomplishment. Like I said before, I am not celebrating the 6lbs I have lost, but I am celebrating being under 200: 199 to be exact (and now everyone knows my starting number). This number kills me! Ugh. I know that only meant 6lbs, but it is a wonderful feeling.

I feel like I float to the clouds on the natural high (and coffee) I am buzzing on!!! I didn't realize it was one of my goals until I stepped on that scale today and saw it!

"Our scale is possessed though. I bet if I step down and try again, it will be drastically higher or ridiculously lower"

NOPE! Very much the same; I even gave it a little wiggly to try and dislodge the gear that must have been stuck and holding it from climbing any higher, but the only number I could get it to say was a few lower still, but that was the possession taking over. I took my happy 199 and I cried openly on the scale... like a 199lb baby.

Now that I have let the cat out of the bag:

SW: 205, CW: 199, GW: 140 H: 5'4'' pear

I woke my husband and told him the good news, and he gave me a big hug! I couldn't believe it. As previously stated, I would not have so candidly stated the number if I weren't so FREAKING proud right now. That puts me just a few pounds away from my first short-term goal 6 weeks out! I can do this, and I will do this.

I am lucky that I carry my weight well. 199 on me still looks fat, but I still have curves and a waist, so I want to take a moment to be grateful for that. That doesn't change the fact that I was still 60lbs over my high-end ideal weight. But now I am here. Under 2 bucks and feeling wonderful.

*sigh of relief*

I will do this.

*sighs again*

We can all do this.

Replies

• autopilot_on
    Options
    Dude, that is AWESOME! Congratulations! And you're totally right to celebrate. You're making me all excited to break that 200 mark. I haven't been in the 100s for 14 years! Way to lay it out on the line for everyone to see. You're totally going to kill it even more from now on because we all know about it now! Keep up the great work!
  • momslastdiet
    momslastdiet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great!!! We have to celebrate our accomplishments! You're on your way :)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Dude, that is AWESOME! Congratulations! And you're totally right to celebrate. You're making me all excited to break that 200 mark. I haven't been in the 100s for 14 years! Way to lay it out on the line for everyone to see. You're totally going to kill it even more from now on because we all know about it now! Keep up the great work!

WOW! Thank you! I wasn't expecting any replies for this (since I am a forum-killer haha). Thank you for the huge compliment! You can do it, too!!!

You are already handsome, so no rush (don't worry, happily married; just pointing it out). :)
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One step at a time. I know that must be big for you so hold your head up and strut!!!
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 pounds away from that club! I'm so excited for you!!!
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations! I haven't been under 200 since 1998, but I am working to get there! That is a HUGE accomplishment and you have every right to be proud! Keep up the good work!
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news! Congratulations! Stay focused! I started in 200 club myself.. I am down to 191 and can't wait to break into the 180's! Motivation & hard work! You go!! :flowerforyou:
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I can't WAIT for that day!!! I have 7 more lbs to go....tick tock, tick tock....YAY for you!!!!
  • samanthachen
    Options
    I'm 37 pounds away from that club! I'm so excited for you!!!

Thank you! You are working towards it, so that is such an accomplishment, too! AND YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!
    That is great! Congratulations! I haven't been under 200 since 1998, but I am working to get there! That is a HUGE accomplishment and you have every right to be proud! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, too! My pregnancy bumped me up, but I am coming down and loving it!! Keep it up because I am expecting to celebrate that number with you, too!!!!

Thank you, everyone for your support!
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    :smile: Great Job! It is so nice when you hit those little milestones that prove to yourself that it's all worth it
  • samanthachen
    Options
    So many wonderful people to reply to! Too many to keep up. Thank you, everyone! To those fighting for this number, I expect to reply to your celebration post, and to those who broke it long ago, congrats on the accomplishment. Thanks again for your support and smiles!!!

<3
  • g0ldenb0y55
    g0ldenb0y55 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to Onederland!

Press on, stay committed and you'll be at your GW in no time.
  • nondomesticgoddess
    Options
    Yay! So happy for you! You have every right to crow...we all need to have benchmarks that mean something to us - for encouragement to continue on.

When I looked at the scale and saw I'd finally managed to lose my first 20 lbs, the squeal I let out brought my husband running and made my dog pee on the bathroom floor - LOL.

The day the scale reflects I am under 200 (about 5 more pounds), I will be dancing around for hours I'm sure!

Congrats and good luck!
  • samanthachen
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to Onederland!

Press on, stay committed and you'll be at your GW in now time.

OOOooooOOOOooooh that's what that is... hahaha I saw that word a lot, but I never asked. hahah Great! Thank you
  • samanthachen
    Options
    When I looked at the scale and saw I'd finally managed to lose my first 20 lbs, the squeal I let out brought my husband running and made my dog pee on the bathroom floor - LOL.

I laughed so hard when I read that about your dog hahah cute!! Congrats on your success!!! You are stunning! Keep up the good work! 20lbs is no small feat! I am so grateful for everyone's support.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • imstrong4me
    Options
    that is great I was almost there I was 208 and now im back up to 213 I don't know what happen I moved to another state and I wasn't watching what I was eating but im getting back on track I would love to be in this club as well
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 lbs away I cant wait. WTG!!! awesome job
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    fantasitic, I am so proud of you. it does feel so good to hit a goal, as you know you are on the right path. your hard work and dedication is certainly paying off. carry on...
  • krichardson0102
    krichardson0102 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I'm about there myself started at 204, the scale said 199 one day last week and then jumped right back up to 201????
    Oh well maybe my scale is possessed too! Oh and I'm 5'3 so I'm right there with ya!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!