The Wii System

2»

Replies

• denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Dance, Dance Revolution is a great workout ( but I think its very hard!!). My reaction time is terrible!! My 11 year old son ( his game) does it on expert with two pads ( hooked up side by side) for hours at a time. He has to be in the best cardio shape of anyone I know. We went for a three hour hike in the mountains a couple of weeks ago, then he came home and did DDR for two hours straight . Ah, youth!!
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Dance, Dance Revolution is a great workout ( but I think its very hard!!). My reaction time is terrible!! My 11 year old son ( his game) does it on expert with two pads ( hooked up side by side) for hours at a time. He has to be in the best cardio shape of anyone I know. We went for a three hour hike in the mountains a couple of weeks ago, then he came home and did DDR for two hours straight . Ah, youth!!

Expert?!?! I have Basic down pretty much pat, I think I can start trying difficult, but expert is :noway: I tried it once and I pretty much stood there boggled at how anyone could possibly move around that fast. Maybe you have to be an 11 yr old boy ^_^

It is a lot of fun and a great workout though, you're right :)
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    I am so excited...after we bought our son one for Christmas, a body builder friend of my husbands said the same thing. I can't wait!!

a little off subject:
    katiechakos - your tatoos are really cute...mind me asking what they are? (i love tats)

Thanks! My husband and I got matching tatoos when we got engaged last year. His name is Tom and I'm Katie, so the symbol is a T with a K through it. I NEVER thought I'd ever get a tatoo, but love makes a girl do crazy things! We got married in Mexico this past April.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I am so excited...after we bought our son one for Christmas, a body builder friend of my husbands said the same thing. I can't wait!!

a little off subject:
    katiechakos - your tatoos are really cute...mind me asking what they are? (i love tats)

Thanks! My husband and I got matching tatoos when we got engaged last year. His name is Tom and I'm Katie, so the symbol is a T with a K through it. I NEVER thought I'd ever get a tatoo, but love makes a girl do crazy things! We got married in Mexico this past April.

Congrats!!! Watch out tattoos are addicting. I have two and am getting ready for a do over on the one on my back. I am going to do it as a reward for one of my goals. Cute picture too.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Funny you should say that! I was just saying the other day how I would love to get another one. I'm going to think about it for a long time, though. What are you getting on your back?
  • icandoit
    Funny you should say that! I was just saying the other day how I would love to get another one. I'm going to think about it for a long time, though. What are you getting on your back?

I have a sun. I like it, but I let the tattoo artist do it how he thought it would look good. I am happy with the colors, but the eyes on the sun looks like it is high. I am going to have it covered up with a geisha. I am also going to have my kids names done in Japanese with it. And after that one, my friend did a water color of a cherry blossom tree that is beautiful, I am going to have that done on my leg. It will be from ankle to knee. I just think they are great. My mom thinks that I am nuts, but I think men heavily tattooed are soooo sexy. Like Jesse James from Monster Garage. Maybe that is why my husband is getting a collection going.
  • I am so excited...after we bought our son one for Christmas, a body builder friend of my husbands said the same thing. I can't wait!!

a little off subject:

Congrats on getting married!!
    I have one tattoo. When I got it I really thought that would be it for me, however I do want more now...thats my Christmas request from my husband.
    I agree, I think they are the sexiest! I'm totally in love with Kat Von D from LA Ink... ha ha
  • icandoit

a little off subject:

Congrats on getting married!!
    I have one tattoo. When I got it I really thought that would be it for me, however I do want more now...thats my Christmas request from my husband.
    I agree, I think they are the sexiest! I'm totally in love with Kat Von D from LA Ink... ha ha

That is how I got my second Tattoo. It was a gift certificate hanging from the tree. What kind of tat do you have??
  • Its a pretty large tribal on my back that is in need of being touched up.

I want a purple and green dragon fly (I grew up by the water and I used to chase them as a kid, they've always fascinated me..) on my foot and then I would like to get a large peacock feather on my outer thigh. (again...back to my childhood..we had peacocks) I also love dragon tats...you're so right, tatoos are very addicting.

I love Japanese art! Its so colorful and dramatic yet there is an element of delicateness (is this even a word?? :tongue:) to it. Your idea about the geisha sounds so beautiful!
  • icandoit
    Check out on miami ink site at the peacock. It is beautiful.
  • icandoit
    I played the Wii with my husband again. I did the boxing game myself. I played 2 games 3 rounds each. My lower back was wet from sweat. I was a huffing. It was great. I don't know how many calories, but I think it is a fun extra form of exercise.