Lose 10 lbs in 3 days..?

Options
So I found this on pinterest and it seems very sketchy...I feel like I would be putting my body in starvation mode. I curious if anyone has tried this, though, and how it worked out for them.

Just for the record, I'm not doing this diet/cleanse because, as I said, it seems iffy so please don't give me lectures if you think it's bad news. I'm just curious about it and wanting to see how many people out there have really tried it.

http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet

If you don't want to go to the site, here's a summary, you eat the following menu for 3 days and can lose up to 10 lbs in those 3 days.
DAY 1:

Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice of Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea

Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea (any brew, as long as it's caffeinated)

Dinner--3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!

Tips to Try:

Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious!
Cook the green beans with the meat or simmer them in the broth. Mmmm :)

DAY 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana

Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese), 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers

Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast

Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

Replies

• CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    that does not sound too good at all, this is a recipe as you stated to put yoru body in starvation and will store all the fat frmo what you eat.

my personal opinion is a hell no!!!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    starvation mode in 3 days? Doesn't it take longer? Like, a lot longer.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    10 pounds in 3 days? I can't see anything through the red flags.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    heck no. unless you have more than 75 pounds to lose you should not be losing more than 2lbs a week!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    it always starts the same.. someone suggests a crazy diet, the forum gets flamed for pages
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    You can't put your body in starvation mode in 3 days..!!!!
  • Velv3tkisses
    Options
    I have seen this before, it's for patients who need to lose A LOT of weight QUICK for surgical reasons.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    DAY 3:

Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple

No weight loss is worth being as miserable as THAT would make me.
  • Sindari
    Sindari Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Sounds relatively ok, but why ADD ice cream to that?

DAY 2: Breakfast is fine, Lunch too much protein add some fruit, maybe the other half of that grapefruit from day 1? Dinner... HOT DOGS? Preservatives and salt and hell no. Sub in something real like fish or chicken and then ditch the ice cream for a glass of milk for your calcium.

Day 3: Breakfast, no. Just no. Apple is fine, but you'll be STARVING by lunch. Eat that hardboiled egg. Lunch again is starving, add some fruit to help fill you up or a nice salad, veggies seriously lacking here. Dinner is off to a good start, but Day three is VERY lacking in fiber and vitamins. Ditch the icecream AGAIN.

Overall... crap crap crap. Not enough calories or actual nutrition here (ice cream calories don't count). And seriously who the crap puts HOT DOGS in a diet? GAH. Flesh this out with some veggies and fruit and more fiber!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    starvation mode in 3 days? Doesn't it take longer? Like, a lot longer.

yes. not only that, but it would take some extreme dieting for months for someone overweight to go into starvation mode (and even months for someone that is in their ideal weight range to go into it).
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    btw. instead of doing a "lose 10 lbs in 3 days" thing like this, lose the weight by changing your life rather than blinking a few days and going back to poor habits later.

don't focus on quick fixes or you'll end up worse off than before. you need to change, not your body. your body is a side effect of your habits.
  • nerdyglasses15
    nerdyglasses15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    it takes 60 hours to enter starvation mode. I've done this diet, lost 7 pounds, and after it ended, gained 3 back. So combining weak effects + hunger + pain for 3 days and tiredness, it's not worth it.
  • nerdyglasses15
    Options
    I mean, depending as he ^ said, on the body fat percentage.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    it takes 60 hours to enter starvation mode. I've done this diet, lost 7 pounds, and after it ended, gained 3 back. So combining weak effects + hunger + pain for 3 days and tiredness, it's not worth it.

THANK YOU!! you are clearly the ONLY person that responded and read the entire thing. I never freaking said I was doing this folks. I was just curious about the results. I am on a healthy lifestyle change and exercising right. Read the whole post before jumping to conclusions. :noway:
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    it always starts the same.. someone suggests a crazy diet, the forum gets flamed for pages

I didn't suggest anything. Go back. Read the whole thing.
    I said I was curious about people that tried it and what effects/results they had.
  • nerdyglasses15
    Options
    :)