Office etiquette: Coffee

Options

Replies

• droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I bring my own delicious coffee in my thermos or go to one of the local coffee shops occasionally.

I like to drink mainly organic coffee because it has a lot of pesticides in it and foldgers and instant is not going to taste good.

Since I don't drink it I never make it and never get asked to.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I used to get all bent out of shape about this, then finally I realized there are worse things than not having coffee ready made. Now, I just don't worry about it, I either make more, or.....don't have coffee. "Don't sweat the small stuff"

Who let the grown ups in?
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Got tired of the offic etiquette here. Nobody ever cleaned the Coffeemaker and often left half a cup in the pot. Last year, I bought two new coffemakers. I replaced the communal one and put the other one on my desk. So as not to hurt everyone's feelings, I told them I had switched to Decaf and would be using my own private coffeemaker and bought them a new one to replace theirs.

Worked perfect. I now keep a clean cofeemaker on my desk, use a premium selected blend and theirs looks like hell again.

This is actually very classy and creative problem solving. Good for you. I love it!
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Less then a cup left....make a new pot F'er!!!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I keep a French press, bean grinder, and my own beans at work. I guess I take more prise in my coffe than you do.

Not sure why this made me think of the grim reaper guy in Monty Python's Meaning of life.

But "you're soooooo pomous!"

(not serious)
  • guzzlingil
    Options
    I have a small office and we use a Kuerig here.....
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    this is why we have a kuerig :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Never been a coffee drinker, but I always assumed etiquette would dictate that if there's less than a mug full left after you are done, you make a new pot.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Never been a coffee drinker, but I always assumed etiquette would dictate that if there's less than a mug full left after you are done, you make a new pot.

Stop with all that fancy common sense.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Stop with all that fancy common sense.

common-sense.jpg
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i'll admit i don't know how to use the coffeemaker at work so i try not to take the last of it. and if i do, i look at one of the guys around me and mutter about until they start a new one. thanks, fellas!

they also like to make it nuclear around here so i doubt i would make it how they enjoy it and i don't feel bad about it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Why should people keep refilling it? How do they know more people are going to drink it? It could just sit unused for the rest of the day.

Personally, I feel like like if you want to drink coffee you are lucky if someone else already had it made. That is a perk. Otherwise, just make it yourself. That's the way it is in my office. As a courtesy you can make a whole pot instead of enough just for yourself this way the next person looking for a coffee fix is happy to see some made but again, it gets to the point in the day where most people dont need any more coffee.

We have a guy here that makes a pot at the end of the day. Drinks one cup. Every morning when I get in (first) yesterday's cold pot is still there. I just turn it on. When he gets in 2 hours later he thanks me for making a pot of coffee. I just say "You're Welcome."
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee snob...I won't drink that nasty folgers/maxwell house crap. But I'm one of the head slaves on the floor, so people assume I'll do it. I won't, these beotches are able bodies and can do it themselves. I do have custody of a Keurig that one of my consutling teams left behind. I keep it at my desk so no one breaks it. Anyone can use it, as long as they don't make that nasty blueberry crap that smells like moldy dog sh**t when it is brewed, and as long as they don't mind my rude comments about turning their vibrator down when they brew. Course I did almost get in trouble for telling a director that decaf was for p**sies...ooops.

yeah, its like that...

:angry:
  • charlottedawn72
    charlottedawn72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have a Keurig..so it's not an issue
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee so it's not an issue to me. But from what I here, you don't want to drink the coffee here. The guy who makes it somehow manages to make it taste like 3 day old coffee. I'm sure that will be remedied soon. Someone bought a Keurig so I'm guessing the old coffee maker will be replaced soon....or the boss is going to keep it in his office.
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    If there isn't enough for a full cup, I toss whatevers left and make a new pot.
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Our coffee never lasts long enough to get the last two bit "burnt on" but in general. Whoever gets the last cup just automatically makes a new pot
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    OMG!! That is my pet peeve. One of my past jobs it seemed NOONE knew how to make a new pot of coffee but they sure as H%ll knew how to empty it. GRRR! If the pot is close to empty I toss out what is in there and brew a fresh pot.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    This is why our office as a Kurig..

Make your own damn coffee!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

common-sense.jpg
    [/quote]

I <3 THIS!