One my way to Onederland-Before and During pics

Options
_Witsy_
_Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
I've been a member on here for a couple years now...and I really appreciate having MFP. I've made progress in my health and met so many awesome people.

One thing that I constantly am working on is to not be so hateful to myself and to understand I'm a human being in the real world working two jobs, keeping up with my friends and family, house chores etc... I've been maintaining a 40-45lb weight loss for about a year now and I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things and finish this weight loss task once and for all. I've been on top of my game...then slacking...consistent for a few weeks...inconsistent for a few more...it's a struggle and it's all about balance but most importantly, doing it at your pace. So yeah...some people drop lbs quickly but for me, it's just not the way I'm going and that's fine. I'm proud that I have never quit or will. If I can help one person to never think of the word "quit", then getting over my shyness and posting this pic here for anyone to see was worth it.

Pride is a wonderful thing to have.

34567743_277.jpg

Edit to add....please excuse the title being spelled wrong...anyone who knows me well knows me and autocorrect have a toxic relationship...

Replies

• groke101
    Options
    Oh yeah indeed. This is about long term and you have achieved that in spades. So pleased for you and I am glad that you are proud, you should be! Hats off to you.
  • bebbabee
    bebbabee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! AND, what a great message. Thank you for sharing :)

PS - feel free to add me if you'd like another friend!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And you deserve to be proud as hell girl. You've lost weight and you never give up.

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    SjHrya
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm so fracking proud of you. Being your own harshest critic has got to be tiring, but you NEVER let it get the best of you. Keep it up, and you'll be in onederland in no time at all.

XOXO
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You are amazingly awesome!! Never giving up is one of the best qualities you have and I so admire that. Keep it up!! Xoxo
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not a race. It's NEVER a race. It doesn't matter how long it takes, only that you keep running towards the finish line.

Love you girl. So proud of you. I'm damn lucky to call you my friend.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I NEVER would have thought you were 280. I am so glad to have met and become actual friends with you. You are an amazing person who has achieved success and will only continue to do so. You are so beautiful, inside and out. And...... PICKLE! Mwah! :heart:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    However long it takes is how long it takes. You have your whole life to be who you want to be. Just never give it up.

You are amazing and brave and wonderful and BEAUTIFUL, and don't you ever fricking forget it.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to be on your team, Wits! You inspire me and teach me. More than you probably realize. We all struggle, but you always keep going, and I think that is awesome. Love ya!! :smooched:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    :heart: i adore you.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    You've made progress, maintained that progress, and will see more.

You're now at the weight I started at and if I can do it you can too! Keep logging in and doing your best! :happy:
  • ForMyAngelBaby
    ForMyAngelBaby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way to Onderland too! Keep up the great work!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I have been having similiar issues. I will be on and lose weight and then be gone for a while and then come back and and such. Seeing you and your story is super inspirational! Get it GIRL!!!!

By the way, you do NOT look 280!!! Then again, you did not exactly look 330 at 330 either. Keep up the good work! ^_^
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Like Leak said, it's not a race. That's awesome progress!! And weight loss is definitely not linear. It's taken me a year to lose 46 pounds, and some people look at me like, "really, that long and *only* 46 pounds?" But I don't let them get to me, I'm darn proud of my progress! Setbacks happen, in fact, they've been known to happen to me a lot. :blushing: But, I keep on chugging. As long as the trend seems to be losing more than gaining, I'm good with that.

Cheers to your progress thus far, you got this! :drinker:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! :heart:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I absolutely adore your fighting spirit! You know that I have maintained this past year as well....too many little setbacks....but it's the attitude that we won't give up that is setting us apart as winners! It might takes years to hit goal weight or bodyfat - but that's okay - as long as that ambition is there - it WILL happen. And YOU, my friend, have the ambition and the dedication, despite what life throws at you. I'm glad to be on your team and I am sooooo supa proud of YOU! <3
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    never giving up is a fantastic quality to have - I'm inspired, thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    you know i think you're awesome and amazing and gorgeous!! and funny and sweet :-)
    continue the kicking a@@!!!!! i am super proud of you! :heart:
  • honeycat22000
    honeycat22000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track and I'm impressed you kept it off during off-time. One pound at a time and it adds up before you know it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!