What is my activity level?

Options
During the day before work I don't do a whole lot besides watch my daughter except mow once a week. I go to the gym for 2 hours before I go to work (I just started this when I started my diet). At work sometimes its alot of walking, climbing up and down trains, and sometimes washing them. Other days it can b slow and I don't do alot of it just sitting......I always walk about 2 miles at work in the 8 hours I am there.....What do u think my activity level is? I have it set on sedentary at the moment

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'd say lightly active, sedentary is if all you do is sit around
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I agree that you are slightly active.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I would say slightly active for you as well.

I have a desk job but work out 1-2 hours M-F and occasionally walk to work.

Am I slightly active or would it still be considered sedintary because I sit down at work all day?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yes, the above responses are correct. Sedentary is for individuals who are bed-bound so you are slightly active.

You get the most accurate calorie tracking if you use lightly active especially if you have an office job and then add on exercise activities even if its just a 10 minute slow paced walk for example.
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You get the most accurate calorie tracking if you use lightly active especially if you have an office job and then add on exercise activities even if its just a 10 minute slow paced walk for example.

If you count your exercise in your activity level then you DON'T eat your calories back. It would be factored into your daily calorie allotment.