changing percentage of fats, carbs, etc

indiankel
indiankel Posts: 163 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok...for along time I kept my goals as far as how many carbs, fats, proteins to eat as set by MFP. I have hit a plateau. I workout everyday. Just wondering if I should tweak my percentages? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Take this quiz to see what your balance or carbs, fats, and protiens should be.

http://caloriecount.about.com/metabolic-types-eating-ft93247
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I'm no nutritionist or anything, but decided the protein MFP set was too low, and the fat too high. I have mine at 55% carbs, 25% protein and 20% fat .

I think everyone has a different set of needs unique to his/her body - you may have to experiment a little to find what work best for you.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    That is a great article! It is nice to see it layed out in detail. I have always known that I dont do carbs well, now I know why! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Very interesting, I was on the normal to fast side, I've always chose a higher protein, lower carb diet, with no other reason than those are the foods I preferred.
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    i ended up tweaking my mfp percentages as well...i just tracked what i ate and watched my daily rate of weight loss for 1 month...i found out that if i have my calories right around 1200, my carbs less than 130, my fat less than 27, my protein high, my sugar less than 10, and my sodium less than 1200; as well as do cleaning for my work out; i get the best results ;)

i have been on mfp for 6 weeks and i've lost 35 lbs :D
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I have mine set at 40/40/20 but I do a lot of strength training so I require the extra protein. I think the protein MFP sets in here is way too low.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Take this quiz to see what your balance or carbs, fats, and protiens should be.

http://caloriecount.about.com/metabolic-types-eating-ft93247

TFS this! Very cool.
This discussion has been closed.