Bee pollen pills....

Options
I have heard this is the new big thing with helping with weight loss. Has anyone tried it? Is it really worth it?

Replies

• whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I remember this Twilight Zone episode (I'm old) where a guy ate a bunch of bee pollen and turned into this half-bee/half-man monster. I think you have as much a chance of that happening as you would for bee pollen to induce weight loss.

Recommend reading and using the tried and true method found here...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Good luck!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I remember this Twilight Zone episode (I'm old) where a guy ate a bunch of bee pollen and turned into this half-bee/half-man monster. I think you have as much a chance of that happening as you would for bee pollen to induce weight loss.

Recommend reading and using the tried and true method found here...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Good luck!

Now THAT would be the best side effect ever!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I used to take bee pollen pills but not to lose weight ( and weight loss was NEVER a side affect for me).. I was advised to take it for PMS relief...
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I have heard this is the new big thing with helping with weight loss. Has anyone tried it? Is it really worth it?
    Answer for yourself, if this really worked, why would bees be so fat?
    Seriously, don't waste your time or money....
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    One way to find out. Why don't you give it a try?
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

HAHA i love this response lol true though. Two people have told me that they used it and dropped weight quick...and one did because I saw her before she took them and after but idk something is up with it.....she may be "aiding" the weight loss with not eating who knows. I was just curious.
  • girlsrun
    Options
    I take bee pollen pills but not for weight loss. I take them for allergies. It really helps me. I get pills from my local area and it helps my body get use to local pollens and fight allergy. Never heard of the weight loss theory.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options

HAHA i love this response lol true though. Two people have told me that they used it and dropped weight quick...and one did because I saw her before she took them and after but idk something is up with it.....she may be "aiding" the weight loss with not eating who knows. I was just curious.
    I had to accept long ago that there was nothing out there except proper diet, consistent exercise and time.
    Those selling the magic cures will lighten your wallet - not your waist.
    BEWARE!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Some people use it as a nitrogen source for Saccharomyces. I think it's a poor one.
  • whitneyas
    whitneyas Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have heard that taking Bee Pollen Granules is good for you- never heard of the pill. The granules you actually get at a health food store are supposed to be very high in vitamins and considered a super food. My father in law has bee hives and he extracts from the hive. I have heard it gives you more energy which could contribute to weight loss. I have read that you need to be careful and start with one granule to see if you have a reaction. I have only taken one or two so far, so I can't comment on any "results." I would stay away from any pill that has crap in it...
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Instead of taking bee pollen pills, just buy some local raw honey. You get all the pollen (and all the benefits that come with it), plus a great tasting pick-me-up, all for 60 calories a tablespoon. You can pick some up at a local farmer's market for $10 and it will last for months.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I used to always see these advertised in diners in NJ. Little ads would be printed on the menus, and often there was a little display up by the register. Sounds legit.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    One of my friends keeps psuhing these on me.... and she is now selling the detox wraps. They made her friend lose inches after 3 aplications..:grumble:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap. I'd rather just eat at a deficit and exercise. *shrugs*
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    haha bee pollen? My dad is a beekeeper and the only thing bee pollen is good for is adding to wax to make candels and putting it in pill form to help with allergies (but the pills have to be made in your area for them to work because pollen is specific to each area) this is like saying eating honey (which has the pollen in it) will help you loose weight. I suggest you don't take part in any fad magic weightloss thing.
  • seraph0820
    Options
    Bee pollen is great for maintaining a healthy weight as well as ensuring you get the proper nutrients into your diet. You can actually survive off of just pollen and water. It is a great food to add into your diet but it's not some magic pill...and it's not new, its been around for centuries. I worked on a bee farm for 8 years...I am pretty sure I know a bit about it.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

zCQelYB.gif

ETA: OP, weren't you also asking about cinnamon as a quick fix too?

Look, eat at caloric deficit. Don't jump into fads. If you do it the right way, slower, it'll come off slower and stay off. Stop looking for magic beans, they don't exist.

Here's a starter list of things to avoid asking about:
    coffee enemas
    green coffee extract
    raspberry ketones
    anything that was ever on Dr. Oz.
    green tea enemas
    pretty much anything up the butt for weight loss
    bee pollen
    ground deer antler extract
    generic OTC diet pills

none of them are gonna get good responses here.
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I take bee pollen pills but not for weight loss. I take them for allergies. It really helps me. I get pills from my local area and it helps my body get use to local pollens and fight allergy. Never heard of the weight loss theory.

This is what I have always heard they were for? It builds up your immunity for the pollens in your area.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

This is what I have always heard they were for? It builds up your immunity for the pollens in your area.

For my allergies, I would eat a spoonful of honey that is locally grown. I did it when I lived in Austin (one of the cities known for it's horrendous allergies..lol) and it helped a lot. I just wish I could find local honey here in El Paso -.-