AMAZING "HEALTHY" WAFFLES!!

Options
Ok, I don't post a lot, but I came across these amazing breakfast waffles and just had to share the joy. I am a sweet breakfast eater (pancakes, waffles, french toast) and that can be a problem when you are trying to lose the pounds. I was reading an article on yahoo that mentioned a healthy alternative. After WEEKS of trying to track these waffles down, they finally came in to my local Henry's Market after I asked them to order them for me. I bought a box, tried them, fell over in love and went back and bought a case!!! Here is the info!

De Wafelbakkers A+ Cinnamon Spelt Sweet Potato Waffles

Nutrition Facts and Ingredients
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size - 3 waffles (64g)
Servings Per Container 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories 190
Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 135mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 10g
Protein 3g

I kid you not....these things are amazing! They also make a healthy alternative for dessert! You don't even need syrup! And the biggest test was that my kids LOVED them! Check out their website at http://www.dewafelbakkers.com/

You can find their products at Whole Foods or Henry's or other markets in your area. If your store doesn't carry them, ask them to order them! And no, I don't work for the company...just an amazing product I wanted to share with you all! :)

Replies

• porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    These sound seriously delicious. I'll stop by Whole Foods and check it out.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks I checked out the website and I am going to ask my husband, who does the shopping, to buy them from our Harris Teeter store.:flowerforyou:
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. What do you do when you live in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere. The search is on!!
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. What do you do when you live in the Midwest in the middle of nowhere. The search is on!!

I went to the website and looked at where to buy....I may be in luck! Thanks for sharing!!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I used to buy the blueberry ones all the time and I didn't even know until I looked at the site! The blueberry ones are awesome, and only 10 calories more for 3 WAFFLES! ... Ohh I am going to have to get some of these, thanks for the reminder! =D
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    ooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT WAFFLES!!!!
    THANKS ill ask my mom to check it out :D
    and see if i can get it :D

i sooooo want to eat WAFFLES :)
  • qtful22
    qtful22 Posts: 10
    Options
    I actually spoke to a member of their staff when i was having a bit of a problem and she said that if for some reason you are in an area that doesn't have them, contact that company directly and they will help you out! Good stuff, my friends!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    thanks, the hunt is on lol.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    just picked some up at Whole Foods. can't wait to try them for dessert tonight!! (I say dessert because I can't wait until breakfast tomorrow!)
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    well, they were delicious! i heated up some frozen blueberries and put them on top. tasty! I was skeptical about the "you don't even need syrup" idea, because, what's a waffle without syrup?!?! but really, they were tasty enough with the blueberries. this may be my new "after dinner snack". thanks so much for the post!!!
  • lighttekkie
    Options
    I recently read The Kind Life and I really want to try the Mochi waffles... I LOVE sweet breakfasts too but flours (of all kinds) aren't the best for me... so any other "sweet" breakfasts out there?