Italian Resturant - What do you eat ?

Options
Going on a date to an Italian resturant.. What do i eat? Chicken Parm 400 cal...egg plant 425 cal...
what would you eat?
I'm thinking pig out and then go to the gym for 2 hours..LOL

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Chicken Picatta.
  • Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Where are you finding chicken parm for 400?!!! That's my absolute fave but its usually a lot higher cal in restaurants! But to answer your question I always say if its a once in a while thing enjoy yourself!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    everything...including the tiramisu.
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Is this a first date? Or someone that you've recently started seeing?

If so, don't stress over what you're going to eat. There is no need for you to go on a date and worry about what you're eating, how many calories are in it, if it will fit into your macros, if you're eating too much, etc. Order what you want and enjoy your company. It isn't about the food, it's about enjoying your time with someone and having good conversation. Food is just the proverbial cherry on top.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    All the food! DUHHHHHHHHH

Honestly just eat whatever. If it doesn't fit your calories (does eating out ever?) then go to the gym to make it up.

Enjoy yourself.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Agreed, Chicken Picatta is my meal of choice. The bread is always my nemesis:happy:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Apps, bread, pasta, and dessert.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options

This. You only live once.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, but a lunch portion... thats what I do :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Veal Marsala if its a good joint (doesn't mean fancy, just the place has to have good food. Usually a mom and pop shop).

Ask the waiter whats good today. They usually will share what they like, specially the more mature and experiences waiters
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'd be eating whatever my favorite pasta dish is, plus a Caesar salad with anchovies and some good bread dipped in olive oil...and a few glasses of Pinot Noir.
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can eat seafood if you like it or get the chicken grilled instead of sauteed and ask for a skide of the veggies.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    everything...including the tiramisu.

Pretty much this lol. I don't get to eat out much so when I do I make the most of it. Its probably less than once a month so I have whatever I fancy, just try and eat lower cals earlier in the day and get some exercise in. But then thoroughly enjoy every mouthfull :)
  • pamelasue1949
    pamelasue1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Pasta primavera-ask them to to stir fire all of it in a low sodium chicken broth and it still tastes great. I have silent relux-so tell them to leave the oil, garlic out and it actually tastes pretty good. I have to eat what will not hurt my stomach-so this is excellent-and not a lot of calories. It usually has broccoli, artichokes, peas and carrots and noodles. Delicious and you don't have to go to the gym for 2 hrs. Hope this helps.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am an expert on dining out, but no expert on watching my calories when I do. We went to a steakhouse last weekend. I had no idea those little dinner rolls could be that bad. I logged my dinner when i got home and discovered I had eaten 800 calories in dinner rolls alone. 4 at 200 calories per roll. Holy crap.

My only suggestion is to enjoy yourself and order what you want. If you want to be real good, try to take half of the entree home to eat later. In most cases the entrees are large enough for two meals. And maybe only one glass of wine instead of 4.... :)

Enjoy!!!!!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with previous posters who say to Eat All The Foodz, but in case you were interested in moderation, get pasta with marinara sauce, ask them to box up half the order before bringing it to the table. Green salad, pass on the bread basket. Drink a glass of wine, skip dessert.

But if I was on a date with someone who did that, I would be mortified. Dates are a special occasion, and I budget calories accordingly.

Just my two cents' worth. Have fun, laugh a lot, and remember, confidence is SEXY!

:drinker:
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

What's for dessert?
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    mmm cannoli
  • fabulara
    fabulara Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'd say: eat what you want, except don't eat bread at the beginning of the meal. Otherwise, yes, revel!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Bread baskets, arancini, charcuterie platter, a few pasta dishes, a veal chop, panna cotta, gelato, cannolis and tartufo