Please help me..still very motivated but frustrated

Options
Ok, I need some help here....I have been making lifestyle changes and have logged in and faithfully stuck to my "diet" for pushing 50 days and have only lost 9 lbs! Is this good or bad? I have probably...around 30 more to lose. I am starting to think that I am eating too little at 1200 calories! As far as working out..it is fairly minimal..I just started 3 weeks ago and I estimate that I may burn an extra 100 calories or so everyday doing a light workout on the treadmill 5 days a week and 20 minutes of strength training 2 or 3 times a week. Does anyone have any advice? I am joining Planet Fitness this weekend so I will be upping my exercise but it seems that I will be spinning my wheels if I am eating too little. Thanks for any advice! :)

Replies

• emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You are losing over a pound a week! That is super awesome! You are doing great :)

But your diary is closed so that makes it hard to look to see what you are doing there.

Keep up the great work!
  • chogue55
    Options
    Keep working at it. 9 pounds over 5 weeks is not bad at all. I saw a Dr. Oz show where he said weight lost slowly (1 - 2 pounds per week) tends to stay off. The exercise you are planning will help out too. Don't let the speed of the weight loss get you down.
  • melissandra
    melissandra Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert and still struggling myself.... but I try to remember that its not always about the number but all about getting healthy as well as improving your fitness level, improving your strength, your agility, and and endurance. Your body composition is changing from the inside. you must stay consistent and be patient.. you are worth it.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am really trying hard..it just seemed so little with how meticulous I have been with my eating (compared to the way I used to eat! :) )
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    9lbs in seven weeks is great!! And starting a workout regiment will help keep that slow steady pace,
    which is the best way to lose weight.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    it's sooooooo hard to be patient and just let your body do what its doing. Stop worrying about the end number and just do your thing day by day. It's too overwhelming. And anyway, whats the alternative? Stopping and staying overweight....
    Add some exercise, it does help :D
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This seems to be my stuck week too. My weight has not budged--but I am wearing a pair of pants I had not been able to wear earlier. Clothes Fit, Measurements, Strength & Tone are other indicators of improved health that my MFP friends have shared with me.

You can give it another week, or you can up the exercise, or play with the ratios of fat-protein-carbs, or you cut out more sweeteners and food that have added sweeteners (this plays with your insulin levels which trigger excess sugars being transported to fat storage). You do not have to assume you need to eat even fewer kcal.