Hi

Options
Hi - I'm Lindsey 5 foot 7 and aged 51 . I started my fitness pal nearly three weeks ago and have lost about six pounds so far. After years of saying that the diet starts next week I have finally found something that works. I'm trying to get down to ten stone and have another ten pounds to go!

Replies

• Velv3tkisses
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • MellifluousGirl
    MellifluousGirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You may also want to read the book "Eat to Live" by Dr. Fuhrman. It's probably available at your local library. I have had more success with it than I have with MyFitnessPal. The book has seriously changed my life. I still use MyFitnessPal, but instead of trying to stay under 1200 calories, I am now trying to make sure I get up to 1200 calories. I love seeing the breakdown of nutrients with MyFitnessPal. On days when I am eating mostly plant-based foods, my fiber intake is around 30-40 grams. On days when I have a little less plant-based food, my fiber reflects it. It feels good & I feel better than I have in years! Best of luck to you & congrats on the recent weight-loss--or "health-GAIN" as I prefer to say. Gaining is so much better than losing. :wink: