30DS

Options
So I'm starting the 30 day shred Monday (just got it today!!!) How do you recommend I do this? Every day or every other day,,,3x a week....

What get's the best results? Which way is easest to maintain (I'm not a quiter, but I'm affraid that if I do it every day I won't want to finish it). I did various exercise routines a while ago and have been a couch potato since December. SO, I need to get my butt moving!!

Any advice would be wonderful!!!!!!

Replies

• Julie7741
    Julie7741 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am biting the bullet and doing it for 30 days straight. I did take one day a few days into it. I got very SORE on days 2/3, so I took that fourth day off. But, I'm an all or nothing type of personality. For me, a few days off will turn into five, or six, or...
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    When I did it, it took about 40 days, after the first 3 days in a row I could barley move lol, then xmas, and being sick and I still had great results. I did each level for 10 days.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I only do it about 4-5 days a week but it's really up to you. You will probably want to give your body a break between day 2 & 4 because that's when most people are the most sore when they start this workout.
  • MrsMeisner
    MrsMeisner Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I planned on doing it 30 days straight but life has gotten in the way. I plan to do the video for 30 days but it will probably take me about closer to 40 days to complete it as well.
  • jenniferdlake
    Options
    I am on day 2. However, I'm also doing a Zumba class and a Body Pump glass at my local gym 2 nights a week. I'm hoping I can get through it in 30 days. I can definitely tell I'm more sore today. Hoping it won't be too bad tomorrow and the next day. It made me nervous to even start, but I bit the bullet. Good luck!
  • ChoklitCherry
    ChoklitCherry Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am on day 18....I do Monday to Saturday, taking Sundays off. I need a day off :happy:
  • jenniferdlake
    Options
    I am on day 18....I do Monday to Saturday, taking Sundays off. I need a day off :happy:

Are you having any noticable results yet?
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm thinking I may just go for gold and do the first couple of days and see how it goes from there. I know everybody is different but I just want to see what everyone else has been doing.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels suggests giving yourself 1 to 2 rest days per week. That is the route that I went.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS each weekday morning, along with some interval running. On Saturday, I just run, and Sunday is rest or active rest. I finished the shred this week.
    Even this 53 year old lady saw noticeable results!

On Monday, I'll start her Ripped in 30 DVD. I've been watching that as I run on my treadmill. Level 1 didn't look too terrible, but I'm frankly wondering about if my old lady body can handle the other levels. Time will tell, I guess!
  • jenniferdlake
    Options
    I finshed day 6 of 30DS today. I am noticing difference in my arms. I can see some muscles that I have never seen before. However, my scale is not moving at all. I'm hoping I'm losing inches. Will measure after I complete day 10.
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    She states 5 to 6 days a week for maximun results but if you don't think you can do it everyday try 4-5 days. It's no longer than 30 mins once you get the hang of it you will blast through it and shrink crazy inches. GO FOR IT. Stay consistent and you will be fine.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Just completed it today. I did it straight through....well took 3 days off due to having some type of stomach bug.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 3, I've been trying to do it all the way through but have taken a few days to rest these old musles! Results are great! You can do it!!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    She states 5 to 6 days a week for maximun results but if you don't think you can do it everyday try 4-5 days. It's no longer than 30 mins once you get the hang of it you will blast through it and shrink crazy inches. GO FOR IT. Stay consistent and you will be fine.

This is great advice...I did it every day and lost 12 pounds and 22 inches!!!! Go for it!
  • jenniferdlake
    Options
    I measured after doing the first 10 days. I lost almost 8" off my hips, waist, bust, thighs, and arms. I was shocked!! Especially since the scale didn't move at all over those days. The proof is in the tape measure I guess. :happy:
  • wailana82
    wailana82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I try to do it everyday. Im on Day 15 today. I took a day off after day 4 and then took 2 days off between level 1 and 2. I try not to take more than one day off because I know, one day turns into 2 turns into 3...for me anyway. Some days I can bust through it and some days its a real struggle. BUT I did take mid-point measurements today and I have already seen a difference so its great motivation to keep going.
  • rylovesty23
    Options
    So I'm starting the 30 day shred Monday (just got it today!!!) How do you recommend I do this? Every day or every other day,,,3x a week....

What get's the best results? Which way is easest to maintain (I'm not a quiter, but I'm affraid that if I do it every day I won't want to finish it). I did various exercise routines a while ago and have been a couch potato since December. SO, I need to get my butt moving!!

Any advice would be wonderful!!!!!!

Jillian Michaels did a q& a where she recommended doing 2 days then one day of cardio then 2 days then one day of cardio then a rest day and so on.