Options
jajlies
jajlies Posts: 10 Member
any egg white frittata recipes?

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Not sure if quiche is close to frittata, but here is a recipe I just got.

The Best Quiche Ever!

INGREDIENTS:

8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage patties
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 1/2 cups egg beaters
    2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped and steamed for 3 minuntes
    1 1/2 cup skim milk
    1 tbsp hot sauce, like Tapatio or Sriracha Sea Salt & pepper to taste (about 1/4-1/2 tsp each)
    1 jalapeno, sliced into rings
    1 1/2 ounces 75% Light Cheddar, finely shredded

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 375.
    2. Cook onion and breakfast sausage until cooked through and sausage is crumbled.
    3. Layer on bottom of pie plate. Chop cooked broccoli and make that the next layer.
    4. Whisk together the egg beaters, milk, and hot sauce. Top with Jalapeno slices.
    5. Pour into pie pan or 8 inch baking square, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is slightly browned.

Makes 4 large slices or 6 small slices.

Nutritional information per serving based on 4 slices (calculated using caloriecount.com)

292 calories, 15.8 g fat, 4.4 g sat fat, 0 g transfat, 51 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 9.2 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 27.7 g protein
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Nice! Well, the truth is that I've never made a frittata with egg whites - YET! :tongue: But thanks to this idea, I will :love: Regardless, I add PAM to a Corningware container, and to the egg (whites), I add cubed potato, and if I'm too lazy, I'll take frozen steak fries, bake them and add them cut up :blushing: , red peppers, orange peppers, mushrooms (if I have any), diced turkey (if I don't have any handy, I'll cut up deli turkey slices), fresh diced tomatoes, and pepper and/or complete seasoning. :tongue:

You could also add broccoli and or petite peas - yum! Hope that helped a little :blushing:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Have you tried recipezaar.com?

They have a ton of recipes that you can search by ingredient.

I have chickens so I make a frittata at least once a week and so far havent felt the need to omit the yolks.
  • Simone32
    Simone32 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just sautee left over veggies and then throw beaten egg whites with a dash of milk, salt, and pepper into the same skillet
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    yum on the quiche!