what to do when sick?

Options
I've been SICK for the last two days and I'm finding it hard to get all my calories in ... and of course, I have not exercised AT ALL.

Should I just not worry about it until I am feeling better? Or is there some magical food to eat when I just can't even think about putting food into my mouth (and everything tastes like dust. Snotty dust.)

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Depends what sort of "sick" you've been. Chicken soup is the traditional cure-all! I like yogurt with fruit in, but if your stomach has been upset some people say to steer clear of dairy. I reckon the good bugs in it help - if you pick a "live" yogurt. Go with how you feel & don't push yourself until you feel better.

Edited to add - I hope you feel better soon!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've been sick lately, too. I made myself do some stretching and leg lifts, but that was all on the exercise front. For trying to eat, I've just made sure to load up on liquids and vitamin C. I wouldn't worry too much about not eating if you're sick. Just give your body at least 1000-1200 cals of whatever you feel like so it can work on getting better. I've been eating lots of soup and chocolate and drinking lemonade.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lack of eating when you are sick is not going to kill you. Your body will adjust when you feel better. Eat what you feel you can eat while ill and don't eat if you don't have an appetite.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick, I am never as hungry anyway. I don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry and I don't track anything when I'm sick either.

I also don't exercise until I'm sure it's all gone. I don't want to risk overdoing it and ending up sick again because it wasn't gone.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    rest and drink plenty of fluids let your body heal
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Rest definitely, but you should try to walk around if you're feeling up to it. I find it helps me feel better when I'm sick to at least get off my *kitten* (otherwise I could actually stay in a 10 square foot room all day.) I like to drink juice when I'm sick too - juice and soup. It helps you get more liquids in you, which always helps, and nutrients your body needs to fight illness. Remember, being sick can be a mental strain too so treat yourself to whatever sounds the most appealing.

Feel better soon lovey!