Question about bike

Options
Okay I just rode 30 minutes on my Gold's Gym stationary bike .. and on my bike it told me I burned only 135 calories. I was riding 14.0 mph the whole time at 2 resistance level .. that can't be right can it?? When I entered Stationary Bike, I put moderate effort ..even though it felt vigorous to me .. lol. And on that it said I burned like 935. What the heck?? So which one is it? I want to be honest with myself. I just wish I could get a heart rate monitor and maybe I will know for sure ..

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    did you input your weight on the bike? If not, it's likely not factoring that in- and a person's size can alter how many calories they burn doing an activity...
  • rachelleybelle
    Options
    You have to put your weight into the workout machine for an accurate calorie burn. Today my elliptical workout said I only burned 350 calories and MFP said I burned over 500. Since I didnt put my weight in, I went somewhere in the middle and counted it as 400. From now on, I will be putting my weight into that blasted machine :)
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    What if my bike doesn't have that option? Or does it?? And I just don't know about it??
  • nikos
    nikos Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that sounded too high, but I don't now what I'm talking about. For me that would be maybe 200 calories, but it varies from person to person.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I can ride at 16mph for 45 minutes at a moderate resistance and burn right at 475 cals (I use a Polar F7).

Hope that helps.
  • sweetscorpio17
    sweetscorpio17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always find the same problem. Check out the webpage below:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I also would try a spinning class! If you like the bike and you like pushing yourself you will love spinning!