Working SO hard but still gaining weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    There is only one thing you gain this fast, fluid.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work and read Dan's In place of a road map that someone posted a link to. I am 4'11" and I don't think 1200 cals is enough for me. You are more than a foot taller I don't see how that can be enough for you unless perhaps you are comatose and even then, probably not. Enjoy the size you are losing. People see what you look like not what you weigh. I, like pretty much everyone else, really watches the scale but the reality is, no one know what you weigh unless you tell them. Also, I have weighed the same thing as others who are taller and not looked fat while they look fat. Muscle is very dense and you can weigh quite a bit if your are solidly muscled yet you will still look great.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Saving
  • jbenner54
    Options
    I gained too when I started working out. I was told it was muscle and not to give up. I eventually started losing. I lost 20 lbs. total. Good Luck:)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    For godsake... stop weighing yourself you will lose your mind.

You have lost inches, you are working hard just go with it. I quite stepping on the scale on Jan 31st because all my scale was doing was going up but my measurements were going down.

Take pictures, make sure you eat a reasonable amount of calories and stop worrying about the scale - weigh in when you are done your work out progam - I chose the end of march as that gives me time to finish Insanity. Its much easier to not worry about the scale - the first few days are the worst and then you feel pretty free.
  • lynnette2003
    lynnette2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am very thankful for all tha advice. I have always felt that increasing my calories is a bad thing. My only issue is that I have tried to eat more but I just can't! Its so hard to eat so much food! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to eat, but when I'm told I have to eat more, its very hard for me to
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Try dropping your calories to around 1200; don't eat processed foods; don't eat late; eat 4-6 times a day (i.e. spreadout your calaries); eat complex carbs, instead of refined carbs. If none of these tips work, talk with your doctor. Good luck.

With all due respect, DON'T DO THIS ^^^

You are way too active for a 1200 calorie diet. Have you calculated your TDEE? Remember, our bodies need food for fuel.

Totally agree. At 6ft, there is NO WAY you should drop to 1200. I don't think you are eating enough as it is...
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    If it's a really intense program and your weight lifting is equal or more then the cardio. You have to eat a lot..I ate more then ever when I did a program called bodyforlife. No way is 1200 calories enough..You might be somewhere between 1600-2000 calories..Eat 5 meals a day..Add more protein to your diet..Protein powder or meal replacement drinks should work. Like some have said before. If your losing inches then it's working..Keep at it..
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    I am very thankful for all tha advice. I have always felt that increasing my calories is a bad thing. My only issue is that I have tried to eat more but I just can't! Its so hard to eat so much food! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to eat, but when I'm told I have to eat more, its very hard for me to

Try meal replacement drinks...Walmart usually has EAS drinks..Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate..Strawberry is the best imo..
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    There is only one thing you gain this fast, fluid.

This.
  • essequamvideri
    Options
    just to reiterate some of the good things others have already said...sounds like you have gained muscle...losing inches does mean it is working...but try no processed foods and eating 5 to 6 times a day. I used to weigh a lot but that was when I was younger and the pounds seemed to come off so easily. Now, I think it's best to just stay away for the scale and mirrors as best as I can, just focus on making diet and exercise a normal part of the everyday, and TRUST IN THE SCIENCE. Limited calories, good nutrition, great exercise = success. Good luck.
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    You have been given so much great advise on here, on thing to remember from your picture you look great and don't look like you have a whole lot to loose, so it will come off much slower but I can totally understand the frustration of gaining weight. Look into do some kind of assesment at your gym to find out how many calories you need to be eating. What other things do you drink other than Wine and I assume water? Many times what we drink adds many hidden calories.
  • lynnette2003
    lynnette2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What other things do you drink other than Wine and I assume water? Many times what we drink adds many hidden calories.

Thanks for asking. besides the occasional adult beverage ;) i ONLY drink water