Just a girl who is 200+ lbs that needs some motivation !

Options
Hola everyone! Meaghan here! 22 years young and 225 lbs in need of some motivation , accountability partners, & support from everyone and anyone who is willing to give it and receive some in return. I graduate from college on May 18th, 2013 and I want to of lost about 60-75 lbs by then! I know that sounds waaaaaaaaay out there but I believe I can do it , it's just sometimes my mojo falls gets alittle low do at times and i need that pick me up! So anyone done?!? :D

Thanks everyone ! xoxo

Replies

• tiggerdug
    tiggerdug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you can do anything it you work hard, im looking for help too so feel free to add me! xxx
    Good Luck
  • jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Throwing a little caution to you, you're looking at 12 weeks by the time your graduation goes around. Don't do this unhealthily or you could damage your body's metabolism. Make sure you always get at least 1200 calories in or your body goes into starvation mode. If you got college going on then you probably got studying going on which is time consuming in itself. Just be careful that you don't overdo things to the extent that you could harm yourself. Good luck with your loss.
  • beanerific518
    Options
    While your goal to get to a healthier weight is admirable, putting such a stringent time limit is unhealthy and dangerous. Not to mention unsustainable. By May of this year you could feasibly lose about 20 lbs in a healthy sustainable way. Unless you are a contestant on The Biggest Loser where you have lots of money at stake, I would not condone what you are proposing. This isn't a race.
  • TamraWob
    Options
    I will help you
  • mtruexjr
    Options
    Ask yourself WHY r u doing this and you will always get through it!! I am heavy myself and let me tell you I've lost 12 lbs in 13 days and its all because of working hard and eating RIGHT!!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    don't beat urself down before you raise yourself up! You can do it. this is an amazing support system!
  • eb12112
    Options
    you can add me!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The amoutn of weight you have set a goal to lose, you probably should have started Last May.....

Putting reality aside. Workout hard, eat what your body needs. Don't starve yourself, try fad diets, pills or body wraps. Just eat well and play well!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I'm Meaghan as well! 24, and graduated from college May 12, 2012! That is a totally attainable goal! You can do it!
  • UseItForFuel
    UseItForFuel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 143 lbs in about 3.5 years. (So far!) I started when I was 18, I'm now 21. It's a slow but steady (most of the time) process.

I didn't realize that. I was impatient. I cut my calories too low, lost weight a little too fast. Now I have some loose skin. Take it from me, it's better just to lose the weight at a healthy pace. I suggest setting some mini goals for the time being. What ever you lose by then will be fantastic! :)

That being said, you can do anything you set your mind to! I wish you the best of luck. Take it one day at a time, and on your worst days, an hour at a time.
  • Pipil503
    Pipil503 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-jen-torched-200-lbs-of-fat.html

Here is something I read today... these type of stories keep me motivated.
    And this website is excellent at nutrition plans, exercise plans, supplement purchasing, etc.

Also try this guy...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lozkwiyVefw

Excellent advice - believe me, I have accomplished 60lbs weight loss in 3 months but at a price.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    60 pounds in three months? I say aim high, but be happy if you only end up with 20-30 by graduation.

I know some people are able to shed weight like crazy, but they are very disciplined and eat really clean or were on the Biggest Loser where you don't have school or work, just hours and hours to workout and almost none of the real world temptations. It took me six months to lose 30 and I used to be 243 pounds.

Here's what to expect:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857137-for-the-newbies-here-is-what-losing-80-pounds-is-like
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Add me..I use to be 225+, now at 153! :)
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I'm 250 at 5'5, trying to lose weigh too..
  • Jenn010101
    Jenn010101 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was about 220 pounds 5 years ago and then I worked really hard and got down to 162 which gave me a wicked body. After slacking off the gym and changing jobs to a desk job, I slowly crept up to 180 again and now I'm working hard to not go any higher. I learned to add veggies to every meal and cooking for an hour is much better than something that's prepackaged. As well, learn to love the grocery store and shop around the outside walls rather than the aisles. The other thing I learned is that if I have a craving for cookies, I make myself have to make them from scratch. If the craving isn't that great, the motivation to make them will diminish. By the time dishes are put away, the urge to eat more than one or two is also gone as well. You can do it I believe in you! I will add you as a friend if you have any questions.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i graduate May 13th. so i understand where you are coming from because my starting weight was 219. weight loss is a slow process and you should view it as a lifestyle change. eat healthy and at a realistic deficit and exercise. By your graduation date, you could probably lose 20-25pounds realistically. so perhaps you should just aim for being under 200 and anything else just a bonus.
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and 226 pounds.. Motivation tip is just do it then it becomes habit .. walk run jog or what ever you like to do
  • ambrec
    ambrec Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love to motivate and be motivated add me if you want :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm Meaghan as well! 24, and graduated from college May 12, 2012! That is a totally attainable goal! You can do it!

Are you high? Attainable, yes maybe if she cuts off a limb or develops an eating disorder. Safe? Most certainly not.
  • OliviaD97
    Options
    :smile: You probably wont even need to lose that much to notice a difference! I've only lost 12lbs so far but i've dropped 2 dress sizes and am very happy, good luck x