Easy low carb high protein meal ideas!!

Options
caspergirl7
caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
Hi everyone! New to MFP and also eating healthy. I need some ideas on easy/quick low carb/high protein meals and snacks. Any suggestions??

Replies

• KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For snacks I have:

low fat cottage cheese with a fruit cup no added sugar.
    hard boiled egg
    greek yogurt (I had a hard time finding one I liked...but Dannon light and fit is good)
    low fat cheese sticks

For meals, right now I depend a bit on lean cuisine....they have some pretty high protein ones that take a lot of guess work out.
    good luck!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You may also want to go to the Paleo,primal, groups,molts of ideas on there!
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    thank you ladies : )
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my dinners off of www.skinnytaste.com. Love her chicken nuggets and turkey taco wraps :)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

For meals, right now I depend a bit on lean cuisine....they have some pretty high protein ones that take a lot of guess work out.
    good luck!

Those have a heap of sodium. Omelettes with veggies, chicken with salsa is my go-to (especially fruity salsa), ground turkey, salmon with mustard, there is a lot of deliciousness
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    thank you i am trying to keep my sodium down because of my blood pressure : )
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    I get a lot of my dinners off of www.skinnytaste.com. Love her chicken nuggets and turkey taco wraps :)

i will try there thank you!! : )
  • loic901
    loic901 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    chicken, fish, meat... just add spice

ate 450g chicken today wich is 92g of protein 0 carb
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Re: Lean Cuisine...I know they are rather high in sodium...taking one step at a time. I do not have a problem with BP or salt intake...and sometimes when life gets in the way it is a better option for me. And some are not too bad re: sodium. But if you have high BP to begin with, yeah, I would avoid. :ohwell:
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm going for more protein than carbs too, and so my diet consists of A LOT of chicken breasts! I just cook or season them differently so I don't feel quite like I'm always eating the same thing... I also cook like 5 - 6 chicken breasts on the weekends so I have them ready for lunches with a quick veggie or salad, or dinner if I need to.

I also eat egg whites with chunky salsa in the mornings, which seem to sustain me more than a bagel or something! I also eat a lot of tilapia- same idea as the chicken- it's such a mild fish you can flavor it in so many ways.