Well, I couldn't do THAT last week...

Options
Hi everyone.
I just wanted to share my victory. I've been doing yoga pretty much every day for about a month now and today I actually held "push up position" and managed to pull myself through to my very first ever upward dog. On top of that, I pulled off reverse plank position for the first time ever.

I've been feeling changes in my body and seeing some difference but this is some of the first real proof that I'm getting stronger and healthier.

Replies

• NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    NSV - That's so awesome!!!! Keep it up. You're doing great!!!!!!
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!! I'm working on my arms and shoulders also. Planks and push ups have been the enemy for so long. I'm getting stronger and learning to love them.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Like! :flowerforyou:
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    And the benefits wont stop there! keep up the good work :-)
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    **** yea! Thats awesome, I hope I can say the same thing in a couple of weeks.
  • alisahewitt
    alisahewitt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's the best feeling :) I had a similar experience in a Jazzercise class this week. Our instructor brought back some routines we hadn't done in a while and when I heard the music, I thought "oh no, I couldn't get through this routine in the past!" but as I got into it, things just started to flow and it was awesome! It's always great to feel your fitness working for you!

Keep up the great work!
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I had a moment like that yesterday. I ran for 10 straight minutes on the treadmill. I have never been a 'runner' which I suspect is more a mental road block for me because I can walk very fast pace forever and be fine. But yesterday I told me self "lets see if I can run 5" which turned into 10. I want to do a 5k this spring so I'm going to keep pushing. You keep at it too! I know you're going to have more of those moments and soon you won't believe that you couldn't do those things!!