Spaghetti Squash/Zucchini/Turkey "lasagna"

Options
ericadawn92
ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
Mostly taken from this recipe: http://greenlitebites.com/2007/12/16/zucchini-and-spaghetti-squash-lasagna/

Ingredients:
-3 oz Reduced Fat (or regular..whatever makes your cookie crumble) shredded Mozzarella cheese
-1/2 cup low fat (or regular...) Ricotta cheese
-2-2.5 cups cooked spaghetti squash
-1 medium zucchini
-6 oz browned ground turkey (the leaner the better)
-2 cups of your favorite tomato/marinara sauce
-spices of your choice

Prep:

Preheat the oven to 350.

Spread a little bit of the tomato sauce (I used about 1/4 cup) on the bottom of a casserole dish. Then begin layering the squash, zucchini, cheeses, meat, and remaining sauce. You can layer it however you want, honestly, but obviously try to get the ingredients spread as evenly as possible. I put the ground turkey for mine in approximately the middle/a little closer to the bottom, and I put it all in one layer. Also, save some of the shredded mozz to be the very top layer. After you've used up/layered all your ingredients, sprinkle the 'lasagna' with some parsley, seasoned pepper, oregano, and/or basil..or don't. Or sprinkle whatever you want on there. Just a suggestion of what I did :)

Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the zucchini is soft!

According to MFP's calculator and with the ingredients I used, 1/4 of the lasagna has:
268 calories
23g carbs
11g fat
21g protein

My lasagna is actually in the oven now...so I can't tell you how it tastes yet, but it LOOKS really good...

I'll post pics & my opinions once it's done and I get to try it :)

Replies