How Often do you Check In?

Options
kjohnson754
kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
I use the check in feature probably once every five weeks. If I were to change it weekly, I'd be a depressed soul. How often do you guys check in with your weight and measurements?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Whenever I lose weight. I usually weigh myself every few days/once a week/whenever I remember to.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Mondays after I wake up and use the bathroom, sans clothes.
  • TexasLass
    TexasLass Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do the weight check in about once a week just because of my obsessive need to see the visual evidence in front of me, but the measurements far less often. I've started giving myself mini goals (4 weeks to reach this goal, 6 weeks etc etc) and I'll check weight and measurements on day 1, half way and the final day.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've barely even been weighing myself at all lately. I don't think I'm losing any weight, and I think it would just depress me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    weight, once per week...measurements monthly.

I don't get depressed about my weight...it is what it is and I understand it is not linear and I also understand that it's supposed to be nice and slow. I'm just as stoked with a -.5 as I am with a -1 or -1.2...I also don't get upset when I lose nothing. I've been doing this long enough to know what to expect and my expectations are in check...just less stress that way.
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    weigh a few times a week just to see it, official measure and weigh is every Monday morning, and every 1st of the month (take pictures during the one on the 1st)
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    check in every friday morning for me
  • yayasma
    yayasma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every morning, its a habit I picked up from my husband. I do my weight check-in every Monday morning. I don't do my measurements very often because I managed to lose 2 measuring ribbons. I update my measurements when I get a body composition from the trainers at the gym.
  • brewman01
    brewman01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only post it monthly. I also get bodyfat checked about every three months.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've barely even been weighing myself at all lately. I don't think I'm losing any weight, and I think it would just depress me.

this!!
  • artofbs
    artofbs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go against the flow as I weigh in daily. I have a set of wi-fi scales (fit bit aria) and it automatically logs when I weigh myself. I don't pay overmuch attention to the daily weight as I let it cross over to a website called Trend Weight which shows which way my weight is going overall (esp if I have a few ups and downs over a few days). I usually see the results of a good or bad day within two days of it occurring and it seems to make me more in sync with what is going on.

I have had weeks where if I had weighed myself every Monday morning it would appear I haven't lost any weigh as, even though I have gradually lost weight over the week, the second Monday morning seems to be a water weight day which drops of again the next day.

In the last five weeks of tracking this way I have trended down by 3.8 kg (scale weight is currently just under 2 kg further below that)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    used to do it once a week for weight, every two weeks for measurements.
    when i started lifting i switched to once a month for both
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    not daily. not even weekly just whenever I happen to see a trainer. but i'm new at this so we'll see what happens later, i was scared to weight the first time at all.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Once every 2 weeks