Low/no carb dessert ideas??

Options
Trying low carb for a bit and would like some dessert ideas... I still like the idea of having a bit of a "decadent" snack before bed! :tongue:

Replies

• boxerkate_04
    boxerkate_04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a sugar free strawberry jello cup with a bit of fat free or low fat whip cream. Not bad and very low carb/calorie.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    70% or higher cocoa dark chocolate
  • brigeweeks
    brigeweeks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try low carb yoghurt with some berries in it. Also some of the Atkins Endulge Bars tase really good. Recently tried the Peanutbutter cups. Only 80 cal. per cup and worth every calorie!! Good Luck.
  • sarah11918
    sarah11918 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We use whipping cream (35- 40%) and whip our own whipped cream. Some people add a little sweetener or vanilla to it, but I find that I can have it "straight". It goes with lots of things: a few berries, cocoa powder, dark (I use 90%) chocolate, a bit of nut butter, or top a hot drink. Whipped cream always feels decadent to me! :)
  • jmdesrochers
    jmdesrochers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stuff a dark chocolate chip into the center of a fresh raspberry...a couple of these bad boys will stop the cravings!
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Stuff a dark chocolate chip into the center of a fresh raspberry...a couple of these bad boys will stop the cravings!
    I have been wanting to try this as well...I noticed it on a blog I follow and saw they do both white and dark chocolate chips.

I personally freeze my greek yogurt and eat it like ice cream or snack on a little dark chocolate. Good Luck
  • kristicole16
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy but I found this chocolate tea (Numi Organic Tea Chocolate Pu-erh). It is zero everything, because it is tea. The ingredient list is as follows: Tea Puerh (Organic), Cocoa Powder ( Organic ), Vanilla ( Organic ), Chocolate Cocoa Nibs ( Organic ), Rooibos (Organic), Orange(s) Peel ( Organic ), Nutmeg ( Organic ) and Cinnamon ( Organic ).

I have a sweet tooth like no one I have met, and this has satisfied my cravings at night. Plus, a cup of hot water fills you up! I add one packet of splenda and feel like I am ending the night with hot chocolate. The best part is that not only is it satisfying my cravings, but it is rich in antioxidants and digestive herbs. Win-Win.

Order online to save $$.

http://www.foodfacts.com/NutritionFacts/Beverages-non-milk/Numi-Tea-Chocolate-Puerh-Black-Tea-Blend--Tea-Bags/64232
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1 tsp vanilla

Beat until turned into whipped cream to your liking

1 tablespoons of the stuff over a cup of blackberries:

Whipped Cream:
    Fat/Carb/Fiber/Protein = 6/0/0/0, calories = 50

Berries:
    Fat/Carb/Fiber/Protein = 1/14/8/2, calories = 62

Total is

7g fat, 6g net carbs, 2g protein, 112 calories .... Now that's a freaking awesome dessert!