workout lenght

Options
how much time you think i should be in the gym? currently doing 40min to 1 hour

going to the gym alone, dont speak to anyone/ not wasting time

usually do 4 exercises with 5 series and 5-8 rep
and when doing 2 muscle/day going for 3 exercisese with 5 series and 5-8 rep.

Replies

• loic901
    loic901 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    seems like each time i post nobody answer anything lol ...
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    45 minutes to an hour at the gym seems perfectly adequate. How much rest time do you take between sets?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Your time sounds about right, studies tend to show that most people who work out for more than an hour aren't really pushing themselves on intensity.
  • loic901
    Options
    maybe 1min- 90 sec i guess not using a watch atm
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I am in the gym anywhere from 45 mins to 90 mins depending on what I am doing. If I am doing heavy singles I like to take my time. If I am doing something like a 5x5 or hypertrophy I seem to move a lot faster. I also go with my Mom a few days a week so that takes a awhile because we have to change the weights a lot.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i do 45 minutes of aerobics, when i'm feeling lazy i do 20 minutes of high impact aerobics, i as long as i workout everyday i dont worry too much about the length of time
  • loic901
    Options
    i do 45 minutes of aerobics, when i'm feeling lazy i do 20 minutes of high impact aerobics, i as long as i workout everyday i dont worry too much about the length of time

20 min is way too low ... just the time to wake up your muscle imo
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options

20 min is way too low ... just the time to wake up your muscle imo
    Let's agree to disagree. 20 minutes can be effective, depending on the intensity and goal.
  • yayasma
    yayasma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I spend anywhere from 15 - 60 minutes in the gym depends on what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, and what other activities I have going on for the day.

15 minutes is not too short of a time in the gym, depends on what your goal is. I can get to muscle fatigue and burn more calories in a 15 minute workout than in a 45 minute basic strength workout.