P90X QUESTION

smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
ok, I know everyone asks about P90X - So here's me - asking too!
I just did the Core Synergistics. How do I log that in the exercise log?
I have a heart rate monitor, that of course I forgot to wear....
So, how do I log?

Replies

• gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    When you do find out let me know, cuz I'm about to start my recovery week...CS included. There are other "cardio" routines with P90X (i.e. plyometrics and kempo), with those you don't really keep a log, I'm assuming it's the same for CS...I could be wrong about the whole thing :o]
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    A good question. And here is the answer that I've got right now. :wink:

I searched the web too, and it seems there is no good calorie-burning calculator for this particular program. And the info from different people doing P90X is so all over the place with outrageously different calories burned that it's hard to get an idea! :huh:

So, for example, to get the approximate numbers for P90X Kenpo, I added the circuit training on MyFitnessPal. I don't have a personal heart rate monitor, which would be the most accurate, but at least MFP calculators show how many calories you burn according to your own weight, not some given average.

For all the other P90X exercises, I'd say just add what seems closest from the exercises listed on MFP-- there are lots of them. So you can split the time according to your workout program, and add calisthenics, yoga, jumping jacks, etc. I know it's a bit of a a hassle, but I like the fact that at least I'm getting the numbers according to my weight. :smile:

Long story, right? I hope it helped at least a tiny bit! :laugh:
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    I would say HRM would be the best bet cause I have found since getting mine that anything I have ever put my workouts under for P90X has greatly overestimated the calorie burn :grumble: Anyways I'm over that now lol but I would say that you could put it under calisthenics but I was on my recovery week last week and my average heart rate was in the low 100’s I don’t think it got past 115 if it did it wasn’t for long. so maybe the light effort one.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I don't log it unless I wear a HRM. Sorry that is probably not what you want to hear but one week I could burn 400 calories on a video and the next only burn 350 calories. It depends on how hard I push each time
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    All helpful responses...thanks everyone!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I learned how to use my HRM and I learned how to create my own exercises, so I'm good.
    Thanks everyone for your responses.
    Bring it!
  • sdsnoga
    sdsnoga Posts: 2
    Hi, i am new to this message board and have been doing P90X. I am on week 10 and am so excited about the results i am seeing. This program is truly amazing if you work for it.

Anyway, i have a question about the workouts that require the pull up bar. Are there any folks out there that have not used it and have been successful. I have been faithful to this program, but now will be spending most of my weekends at the coast. I can take the DVDs with me, but there is no place to mount a pull up bar or to put the resistance bands on. i am trying to figure out how i can still get my workout in without the bar. Any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.