New Member - 31 from Australia

Options
Hi guys, im a new member here from Newcastle/Hunter area on the East coast of Australia. I have been using MFP since about the start of December to track food / calorie intake, and im find it really useful.

I signed up at a local gym and also signed up with a personal trainer for 3x 30 minute PT sessions per week and he suggested using MFP to keep track of my calorie and carb intake. I find that the appointments with the PT really help with keeping up the motivation.

I started at about 118kg (259lbs - I'll convert as a lot of people on here talk in lbs/miles) and so far i have lost 7.2kg (15.8lbs) which seems to be pretty good going. In addition to the 3x PT sessions each week, i am also aiming for 3 days of non-PT exercise which i have been varying between running (about 5km / 3 miles at the moment) road cycling (15 - 30km or 10 - 20miles) and swimming (around 800m - 1km) and having 1 day off per week.

I have been quite strict with the eating (except for a little break over xmas), sticking to 1300 - 1500 Cal per day and keeping the carbs as low as possible, mostly avoiding bread etc. I haven't found sticking to the good foods too hard at all, esp as i'm seeing some results from it so far.

My goal is to get close to 80kg (176lbs), im not sure if i can get there but somewhere in the low 80kgs will be good for me.

Feel free to add me i'd like to see other peoples progress to help with motivation and im happy to take any tips or advice. I'm always looking for new healthy & low card meal options especially for lunches at work.

Replies

• Elby0030
    Options
    Meant to add, im also using the Endomondo App and importing the workouts into the exercise section on MFP which works really well
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    sent a request
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    FR sent.
  • Elby0030
    Options
    Cool thanks :) there is updates in my Newsfeed now :)
  • leelu137
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm also in the Newcastle hunter area
  • kdclubb
    Options
    Added!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Luke,
    Glad you've found it of benefit. I started around the same time as you and have attended the gym and used MFP to track calories in and out.
    Feel free to add me if you are looking for support.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add if you'd like. I love Aussies and your overall can-do attitude. I'm also very motivational or so I've been told. Up to you.

Good work and keep going, you can do it!!!
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request! I was born in Nowra, NSW, but now live in the States (for most of my life). I'm not always on here, but am always encouraging :drinker:
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    Nice to meet you & congrats on your success so far! :smile: