Alcohol for Memorial Weekend

Options
I am wondering if anyone out there has the key to a low calorie adult beverage that be enjoyed on the boat this weekend? I like almost anything but beermakes me feel bloated and wine I feel is a little too much to have in the sun all day on the water. Any ideas???

I do know that vodka has more calories per shot than Bracaardi rum but is there any others you know about?

Thanks!

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Yeah, wine + sun = bad!

The main thing I would suggest is a low calorie mixer, like club soda, as opposed to the sugar-hyped fruity mixers.
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    I tried Mike's Light Hard Lemonade recently, it was pretty good if you don't mind the "diet" taste from the splenda :)
  • Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mikes hard lemonade has a low cal option that is only 54 calories a bottle I believe and it is pretty tasty :)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke is my chosen drink? Vodka and flavoured water is alse very nice. Try and have a glass of water inbetween each drink to keep you hydrated. Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a low calorie mixer!! Personally, I live for Bacardi Limon Rum (the white rum), mixed with water and the Crystal Light Pink Lemonade drink mixers. Mixing with water makes me feel less bloated and clearly has fewer calories than pop (which ive never been a fan of anyways). I guess it all depends on where your alcohol preferences lie, but I find that this is a great drink, with not too many calories (compared to some other options), and perfect for the summer. Who doesn't like a cold glass of lemonade with a hint of run, anyways!

Good luck!
  • DARRELLM
    DARRELLM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    START WITH VODKA OR GIN WITH CRYSTAL LIGHT, GO TO A LIGHT BEER, HEINEKEN LIGHT MICHELOB ULTRA ARE A FEW IDEAS IF THE HEAVY DRINKS START TAKING A TOLL. LIQUER BEFORE BEER YOUR IN THE CLEAR, BEER BEFORE LIQUER COMES UP QUICKER. THATS THE TRUTH!!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :someone gave me a sangria type recipe made with sparkling wine, diet cherry 7up, an orange, a lemon and 2 packets of splenda, it was pretty good...... well pretty poundable LOL. I like Amstel Light (beer). That is what I can be found drinking on the boat or in the pool. :tongue:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    There are some fun flavored rums out now that are really good with club soda type mixers. I have some Bacardi O (orange flaver) that's REALLY good. Don't know what the calorie count is offhand ... but it's an option. And very boaty ;)

From one boater to another - cheers! :drinker:
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    There is 240 calories in rum and diet coke, I mix vodka ( one shot) with water and add a crystal light packet! And that makes for about 110 calories! You just have to drink in moderation and use good judgment, have a full glass of water in between. FYI a jello shot with vodka and sugar free jello, 3 calories for the jello and about 50 ( if you use half of a shot of alcohol! ) I know it looks like I have thought about this alot but when we are out social this was one of my major fall backs, drink responsibly and in the morning you won't say well I already fudged the weekend how about McDonald's Double Cheese with Fries and a coke!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

I do know that vodka has more calories per shot than Bracaardi rum but is there any others you know about?

Thanks!

Actually I think all the 80 proof liquor - vodka, rum, whisky, gin etc. have the same calorie count per 1 oz. It's usually around 65-70 calories an ounce.

Of course it all depends on what you mix it with. Water and a slice of lemon or lime works great for low cal. Diet drinks work fab also.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    • Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    • Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    • Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    • Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    • Margarita (8 oz): 280
    • Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    • Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    • Port wine (3 oz):128
    • Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    • Red wine (5 oz):120
    • White wine (5 oz): 120
    • Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    • Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    • Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    • Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    • Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    • Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    • Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    • Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    • Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    • Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    • Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    • Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    • Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    • Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    • Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    • Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    • Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    • Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    • White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    • Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    • Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    • Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    • Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Is drinking really that necessary? Just sayin....
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Is drinking really that necessary? Just sayin....

Some people enjoy a drink every now and then. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I like Bud Select 55 cals 2 carbs. MGD Lights good.. Otherwise I'm a rum/tequila girl. I make what I call Carribean Sun, lots of ice with 3 parts pineapple rum and 1 part simply orange juice. Not the lowest but num num! Easy Margarita, Lots of ice 1 part silver tequila (make sure 100% blue agave) with 3 parts Simply Limeade

Holidays are meant to be enjoyed.. so savor do slam! lol
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Oooh have you tried the sugar free margarita mixes? They're awesome! I love margaritas but the calories are those things can be a killer!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My husband switched to MGD Light 64, and he says they're not too bad. I've tried both MDG & Bud Select and find I don't like either one. I just stick to my regular light beer and drink less of them.
  • cteam79
    cteam79 Posts: 4
    Options
    WOW! Thank you for the counts!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    There is 240 calories in rum and diet coke, I mix vodka ( one shot) with water and add a crystal light packet! And that makes for about 110 calories! You just have to drink in moderation and use good judgment, have a full glass of water in between. FYI a jello shot with vodka and sugar free jello, 3 calories for the jello and about 50 ( if you use half of a shot of alcohol! ) I know it looks like I have thought about this alot but when we are out social this was one of my major fall backs, drink responsibly and in the morning you won't say well I already fudged the weekend how about McDonald's Double Cheese with Fries and a coke!

The only way rum and diet coke is 240 calories is if you put 3 oz of rum at a time, or you are using 151 rum, which I don't recommend.

Do agree you can plan ahead, have a good time, and not go "overboard" on the calories. (Notice my little "boaty" reference. LOL)

I am partial to vodka with Cascade Ice Mango--low calorie spenda sweetened--lots of ice and very refreshing. Soda as a mixer with lemon or lime wedge is also good. The reduced cal Mikes Hard Lemonade Cranberry is pretty good also.
  • cteam79
    cteam79 Posts: 4
    Options
    You guys are great! Thank you so much for the updates and help deciding about the weekend. So many great ideas!!!

Catherine
  • jesdub1984
    jesdub1984 Posts: 2
    Options
    DRINKING BARCARDI TORCHED CHERRY WITH DIET COKE IS REALLY GOOD. CANT EVEN TASTE THE RUM! ALSO MIXING VODKA WITH KRYSTAL LIGHT IS AWESOME.