Alcohol for Memorial Weekend

Options

Replies

• karatejones
    karatejones Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you get out on the beach and chase kids around, or go skiing, or you know, do something active to make up for what you're drinking. right? right!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love beer but hate the bloat, but I found an awesome beer last year that doesn't give me bloat. The brand is Mill Street (they make a whole bunch) and the organic beer is delicious. Before anyone goes EW, it tastes kinds similiar to Coors Light or Keith's light. Give it a try and have fun!!

PS - yes, alcohol IS necessary on long week-ends. Everything in moderation friend. :drinker:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you get out on the beach and chase kids around, or go skiing, or you know, do something active to make up for what you're drinking. right? right!

Have lots of sex. :wink:
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    I enjoy Mike's Hard Lemonade..the light version. It has 100 calories and 1g of carbs. Also, like everyone else has suggested, vodka or rum with water and lime or a diet drink of some sorts.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

HAHA! True! I've been tempted to try it out with my HRM, but that's not very sexy :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

PS - yes, alcohol IS necessary on long week-ends. Everything in moderation friend. :drinker:

Why is it necessary? Just curious.
  • asanville
    asanville Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Loooove a gin and tonic on a hot day. With lots of lime.
  • erikaperry
    erikaperry Posts: 6
    Options
    Dr. Oz talked about this on his show today...check out his website. Off the top of my head, he recommended a strawberry daiquiri instead of a pina colada, a cosmopolitan instead of a mudslide (my personal favorite!!), and a mojito instead of a margarita.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Whatever you choose just please be sure to drink a lot of H2O as well. I always have 2 glasses of water for every 1 drink so I don't get too dehydrated especially in the sun.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

Because it's fun to unwind over the weekend!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

HAHA! True! I've been tempted to try it out with my HRM, but that's not very sexy :laugh:

HA! I didn't even do the visual....but now that I have it's hilarious!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    Options

So you can't unwind unless you drink alcohol? That's sad. I'm not saying nobody should drink alcohol. As long as you're legal drinking age people can drink if they want to. I personally don't drink and I have no problems unwinding over the weekend. I just don't understand why you have to have alcohol to unwind. But to each his (or her) own I guess. :ohwell:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

So you can't unwind unless you drink alcohol? That's sad. I'm not saying nobody should drink alcohol. As long as you're legal drinking age people can drink if they want to. I personally don't drink and I have no problems unwinding over the weekend. I just don't understand why you have to have alcohol to unwind. But to each his (or her) own I guess. :ohwell:

Brings to mind the story my dad tells about the fella who said "I drink to steady my nerves.........Last night I got so steady I couldn't move.":noway: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Why do I drink, because a Margarita just doesn't taste like a Margarita without the tequila!!!
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    I don't know that calories of this and I'm sure its not "diet" friendly, but its Oh, so good!

Bacardi Dragonberry with Squirt. Tastes like a strawberry Starburst. Its not as sweet as it sounds. So delish!

I can't drink this weekend:sad: Dr.'s orders. Booooooooo! So have one for me please, or 4 whatever floats your boat, lol!:drinker:

I agree, there's nothing like a few drinks over the weekend to unwind. Especially a holiday weekend on the lake! I'm a little envious of all of you:blushing: I'll be in Northern Michigan with everyone drinking but me. So un-Kid Rock like for summertimes in Northern Michigan:laugh: :wink:

Happy weekend! And just don't drive, be safe all!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

I'm not sad because I like an alcoholic beverage every now and then. I don't drink every day nor do I drink every weekend.

Wow....way to be a little judgemental here. :noway: I think it's B.S when someone asks about alcoholic beverages in a post and it ALWAYS turns into this disaster of a "why do you need a drink at all" crap. We're adults here. If we feel like an alcoholic beverage over a holiday weekend.....then why not???? The OP didn't ask if you thought drinking was okay or not.

Do I need a drink to unwind? No. Do I like the way they taste? Yes. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

What do you eat/drink that you like the taste of so I can tell you you're sad for liking that?
  • mommared53
    Options
    I wasn't being judgmental. I said in my post that anyone who is legal drinking age can drink if they want to. As a non-drinker I'm just trying to understand why others feel they HAVE to drink in order to unwind. I just don't get that part of it. There's no reason to get your panties in a twist because I asked a simple question. But I'm off of this post now.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Oooh have you tried the sugar free margarita mixes? They're awesome! I love margaritas but the calories are those things can be a killer!

What brand??? Sadly enough I have to go over to NJ to a "real" liquor store to get a variety of decent mixes... next trip over I'll look for it!!!

There's another drink thread on MFP too - my suggestions were diet gingerale and either captain or gin or gin and diet tonic
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    Oooh have you tried the sugar free margarita mixes? They're awesome! I love margaritas but the calories are those things can be a killer!

"Skinny Mixes", you can buy them at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They have 0-5 calories per serving (plus alcohol) but a ton of flavor! They come in Margarita, Aplletini and Cosmopolitan (the one I had). They are about $5-$6 a bottle and make QUITE A FEW cocktails.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

"Skinny Mixes", you can buy them at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They have 0-5 calories per serving (plus alcohol) but a ton of flavor! They come in Margarita, Aplletini and Cosmopolitan (the one I had). They are about $5-$6 a bottle and make QUITE A FEW cocktails.

Ok so they are the same ones then.... :laugh: :drinker: