Would love some low cal dinner options

Options
kmccoy28
kmccoy28 Posts: 7 Member
I have the breakfast and lunch down pat with low calorie foods. I would love to find some great low calorie dinner options. I usually have about 6-700 calories that I can eat at dinner and I have not yet figured out some quick,filling, low calorie selections.

Has anyone seen a flour tortilla for less a 120 calories?

Replies

• fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    try this site...

www.3fatchicks.com

Lots of good stuff there
  • KaliH310
    KaliH310 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YES! I have seen a tortilla less than 120 calories. Mission makes them I think, but if I remember right it has a flavor to it. Do what I did, go through all the packaging till you find one. Time consuming yes but it gets the job done. :)

As for low-cal dinner, I'm a chicken and fish type gal so you can't go wrong with those. Unless you're frying them in a vat of oil. Do your 4 oz of protein, 1 cup of starch and a veggie. Pretty much the easiest breakdown there is I think. There's this rice called "Near East" it's pretty low cal compared to Uncle Bens and Zatterains (spelled wrong). Good luck! :)
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    La Tortilla makes a 100 calorie tortilla. It's pretty good! Throw in some homemade beans and some low fat cheese, maybe a little salsa... rock-&roll!!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    6oz salmon fillet, baked with seasonings only, with steamed broccoli and 1/2 baked sweet potato

Roast Chicken breasts seasoned with spices only with steamed asparagus

1/2 cup whole wheat penne with tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of nonfat ricotta

trout fillets rubbed with sea salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme sauteed with pam olive oil and steamed asparagus
  • charis2032
    charis2032 Posts: 64
    Options
    La Tortilla factory has a variety of tortillas in the 50 - 100 cal. range. For dinner options try the Hungry Girl cookbooks. I have the 200 Under 200 and I love it!
  • timandavan
    timandavan Posts: 9
    Options
    There are a couple web sites you should check out. epicurious.com and footnetwork.com
    Both of those websites have options for healthy low fat and low cal meals. The best part is, you can put in a main ingredient ( and sometimes more than one igredient you have available) and it will pull up a LIST of things you can do with that ingredient.
  • doodleinmd
    doodleinmd Posts: 16
    Options
    I am making this for my dinner as I type

1 fresh/frozen Cod filet
    1/2 t Honey
    1 T Soy Sauce
    2 T Orange Juice
    1/4 t Onion Powder
    Salt 7 pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients, except Cod, in a dish and mix. Add Cod and marinate for at least ONE hour(Don't go longet than 2 hours marinating as the citrus in the OJ might start to *cook* the Cod cerviche style. I grill this on my Foreman Grill and serve with a salad and brown rice that I add some cilantro and pineapple to. really good and VERY low fat and low cal.

Buon Appetit!!!!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We had chicken soft tacos last night.

Misson Carb Balance Tortillas
    Grilled chicken
    Black Beans
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Fat Free Sour Cream (or 0% Greek yogurt)

About 300 calories. I could only eat one, with all that fiber and protein I was plenty full!
  • _BeccaLynn_
    _BeccaLynn_ Posts: 41
    Options
    Mission makes a carb balance tortilla (flour and corn) that are 80 calories.
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    Tam-x-ico (i know weird) but they make a lo-carb wheat tortilla called WRAP-IT that is 90 calories and really good!!!

I have had a lot of success with Cooking Light recipes and recipes from Rocco Dispirito---from his book NOW EAT THIS!!!

Tami
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Salmon burgers,
    Less than 170 calories, you should be able to get them at the Seafood counter at your grocery store. They taste great, are healthy.
    I eat mine with steamed asparagus, and a mixed green salad topped with blue berries, almond slivers and a little dressing. Filling and tasty!!
  • jlemmon
    jlemmon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Found a whole wheat tortilla at Trader Joes called Sonoma...only 60 calories and delicious!
  • jlemmon
    jlemmon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am making a delicious salmon dish tonight with steamed asparagus..

Honey and Walnut Crusted Salmon

2 (6 oz) salmon filet
    1 1/2 T honey
    1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
    1/4 c finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 400 and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
    Rinse salmon and pat dry. Place skin side down on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
    Stir together honey and mustard and spoon over the top and sides of salmon filets. Sprinkle with walnuts and bake for 10 to 15 mins. or until salmon is cooked to your liking.

320 cal. per serving 7 points on Weight Watchers
  • Carri_M
    Carri_M Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    La Banderita has fat free flour tortilla that are under 120 calories. As far as low calorie dinner options, one of my favs for the summer is chicken kabobs with veggies. I marinade the chicken overnight in a good teriyaki marinade then make the kabobs with the chicken, pepers, cherry tomatoes, onions and some pineapple!. Also some teriyaki rice for a side dish. Last time I made it it was under 700 calories. Email me if you'd like the teriyaki rice recipe I have....carrimusil@yahoo.com
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    with 600-700 calories for dinner you have TONS of options. Here are some that I make.

Tuna melt: I use a low fat bun, bread, english muffin etc whatever I have on hand, 1 can of snack size tuna or a tuna steak and top with 1/3 cup of light cheese grated and melt. You can add sliced tomatos too. total cal approx 400 if you add a salad with vinagarette if can be 527 or less ( I use a rasperry vingarette and it has 80 cal or 2 tbls)

Cuban black beans: Take 1 sm onion and some garlic and brown in 1tbsl olive oil, mix in 1 can of drained rinsed black beans and 2 tbls lime juice. Serve as is or over rice. 190 calories for 1/2 of the entire recipe not including rice.

I like just to have a grilled cheese sandwich and can of vegetable or tomato soup.

4 oz of meat (chicken, pork, beef etc) with spagetti squash and other veggie of choice or a salad with light dressing.

Snack size tuna and rice crackers with a soymilk smoothie - tuna/crackers is 211-240 smoothie is aprox 200 calories

Burger with bun and salad with dressing 700 calories

shishkabob- 2 skewers with approx 3 oz meat, mushrooms onion and peppers with bbq sauce brushed on meat, I also have a cob of corn with molly mcbutter for a total of 399 calories.

sushi for 12 peices is def under 700....especially if you order the cucumber or avacado ones.

salad and a smokie (no bun) 436 but you could def add a bun and come under the amount.

I mix and match all of the above.....sometimes I'll have a salad with tuna and a smoothie, or corn on the cob and soup. I never seem to eat the same combination of foods.

Have fun!!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Some of my low cal dinner options include:

Dreamfields Penne with Smart Balance Butter, Broccoli and Parmesan cheese! (1c. pasta, 1tbsp butter, 1c. broccoli, light on the cheese) - about 480 cal or so

Pizzaladas (enchiladas but with pizza ingredients!) 2 mission carb balance tortillas, some light pasta/pizza sauce, 3/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese and toppings (i use onions and sometimes green peppers). I lightly sauce the bottom of a pan, then put a smear of sauce on the tortilla, my onions/peppers, a sprinkle of cheese then roll them up and put them seam side down in the pan. top with a little more sauce and a sprinkle of cheese then bake until melty goodness. two of them is about 500 calories and very satisfying!

I sometimes make grilled flatbread pizza too - 4oz of whole wheat pizza dough flattened and parbaked, then top with your toppings and grill on a grill until you have a nice char on the bottom. finish in an oven on broil to get a golden brown top and enjoy! a pizza with 3/4 cup cheese and onions is about 500 cals.

I will also make a soy ginger marinated chicken breast with grilled asparagus. maybe 400 calories? It's yummy!

Hope that helps a bit :)
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmccoy28
    kmccoy28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW! thanks for all the ideas. Your awesome! congrats on the amazing weight loss!! You go!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    you should check out the cooking light website... they even have weeknight recommendations that are quick to make. i've tried 2 of their recipes so far and both were muy delicioso!!!
  • toradoshi21
    toradoshi21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump