Im a 40 year old woman with alchohol & related health issues

Options
Im ready for a life change to better my health for me and my 4 children. The alchohol problem and inactivity has cause many health issues, weight gain and depression. Hoping to find some support and encouragement here as I begin to take my life back and get that healthy beautiful, energetic body back!!!

Replies

• butterflydrumm
    butterflydrumm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place for support, good luck on this journey. I am sure it won't be easy, but it sure will be worth it. Hat's off to you for taking the first step.
  • rbalza1
    Options
    Good for you! You should check out supplements such as fish oil for depression a good one that I use is Carlson super DHA, they are a little pricy but its all pure fish oil none of that man made stuff, look into quaility for supplements, even though pricy its worth it!

Another thing you might want to do is get a 5hr glucose tolerance blood test, this is one that those who may be diabetic get to know for sure but I am not suggesting this to see if you're diabetic but rather to see if you have low blood sugar. Alot of people with alcholol problems have low blood sugar conditions which lead to sugar and alcohol cravings, this condition is called hypoglycemia and can lead to diabetes, but can be reversed with proper nutrion and supplements =) if you have any questions feel free to send me a message be glad to try to help.

:smile: