Umm, hello.

Options
My name is Ashley. I'm 23, 5'1", and 160 pounds. I've always had a problem with depression and stress eating and because of that I've gained weight along with GERD and many other health problems. Right now I'm trying to not only lose 130 pounds, but also make a lifestyle change. I've never been on to exercise, but I've been shocking myself lately with how much endurance I have. I went from not able to jog for 30 seconds to jogging for over 10 minutes in just a few weeks. I've also started incorporating some weight lifting into my routine. Right now the hardest thing I'm facing is my urge to overeat. I've gone out and bought some fruits and veggies because I know those are healthier than other snacks and I've also been drinking a lot of water because I know that sometimes hunger can be confused for thirst. Anyway, that's it. Hopefully I can do this and not give up!

Replies

• msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good luck...don't try to be perfect each day...try to get better each day.
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I'm so glad you're here. It's wonderful people like you that reminds me how much we need each other to succeed. Please please feel free to add me as a friend... I would love to help motivate each other.

You're in the right place - keep making great choices, and one by one, they'll get easier to make :)
  • kdclubb
    Options
    At least you understand it's a lifestyle change! That's one of the hardest parts!
  • 71lulu
    71lulu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Veronica and I am currently weighing about 238 and am 5 6. I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life but for the most part have been pretty healthy and active. I went for my physical last year and my Dr. told me that I was a diabetic and that my blood pressure was a bit high. He didn't put me on meds but said I should try and lose some weight and make some lifestyle changes. I guess I've been in a bit of denial but I am trying this app out again and gonna make an honest effort cause I'm not getting any younger or healthier. Today I was a bit lazy about logging my meals but had a mental calculation. Big mistakes did good most of the day but for dinner I had chicken flautas. I went to log in my food and to my surprise they are very high in calories. Darnit so mental note check calories before eating!!!!! :ohwell: And they weren't all that tastey!!! Oh btw I need some friends for support. Help:smile:
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Welcome yo, and is AMATA from fallout 3- cause that would be awesome!
  • Jennifer217B
    Options
    Great effort! Add me if you like, we are in the same boat!
  • amata08
    Options
    My name is Veronica and I am currently weighing about 238 and am 5 6. I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life but for the most part have been pretty healthy and active. I went for my physical last year and my Dr. told me that I was a diabetic and that my blood pressure was a bit high. He didn't put me on meds but said I should try and lose some weight and make some lifestyle changes. I guess I've been in a bit of denial but I am trying this app out again and gonna make an honest effort cause I'm not getting any younger or healthier. Today I was a bit lazy about logging my meals but had a mental calculation. Big mistakes did good most of the day but for dinner I had chicken flautas. I went to log in my food and to my surprise they are very high in calories. Darnit so mental note check calories before eating!!!!! :/ And they weren't all that tastey!!!

Last year my doctor said that my blood pressure kept going up each visit and he was a little concerned. Moved to a new town, went to a new doctor, and he said that he thought I was prediabetic. I cried then decided that I had to do something. Granted, that was in August and I'm just now "serious" about losing weight. And chicken flautas sounds so good! I usually put everything in before eating just so I know where I'm at. Lunch usually kills my calorie count though :/
  • amata08
    Options
    Welcome yo, and is AMATA from fallout 3- cause that would be awesome!

lol no, a is for Ashley and Mata is my last name
  • CherV96
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been there too! Everyone needs support.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I relate to you so much.

I'm 5'2", currently weighing in at 148 - the heaviest I've ever been.

I have severe GERD, bad hips, and bad knees. I fight depression (mostly controlled my meds now).

I'm ready to finally do something about my weight & get healthy. I know losing the 20-25 lbs I want would help me tremendously with my health issues.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    all about the lifestyle change - best wishes! Feel free to add
  • stageragsgurl
    Options
    hey gurl,
    I can tell you that it's a step at a time, piece by piece and some days are not your best ones, but see your goals and remind yourself why you are doing what you're doing. And keep moving forward. You may fall back sometimes but just get back to it as soon as you recognize it. Keep your good habits in force. And you're in the right place here, get some friends and built your world of support. You will be amazed at what a difference it makes. Good luck, friend me here if you want. I need all the buddies I can handle :)