Motivation

Options
I don't know what it is but lately I've been lacking the motivation to keep dieting. I've been changing my routines around to refresh things but I'm just not feeling like how I was when i started. I tend to think its a combination of if I'm just sick of dieting, I have gained some comfort with my body, and sometimes I don't think I'm worth it. Someone please just tell me what to think.

Replies

• cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no one here is going to say the magic words that suddenly make you motivated. I suggest reading this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cordianet/view/motivation-488456

Maybe that will help you come to grips with why you're doing this...
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is but lately I've been lacking the motivation to keep dieting. I've been changing my routines around to refresh things but I'm just not feeling like how I was when i started. I tend to think its a combination of if I'm just sick of dieting, I have gained some comfort with my body, and sometimes I don't think I'm worth it. Someone please just tell me what to think.

I think your problem is you think it's a diet -- instead of a lifestyle.

If you are comfortable, move your calories to maintenance and get in a better frame of mind.

Only you can do it. Only you can decide if it has value. Only you can think for yourself.
  • senoritameow
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • jasminetooblessedtobestressed
    Options
    you have to want this lifestyle so relax and do what you want even if you just want to eat a whole cake in one sitting...do WHAT YOU WANT!With that said losing my first tens pounds I feel hot and was feeling a little like giving up but I know that I'm worth it...
  • senoritameow
    Options
    Soo helpful!! I think I may have just needed to hear that there are people here on this site that will help me when no one else would understand the true struggles of losing weight
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Do you have clear defined goals?

If you aren't aiming for anything in particular, you wont succeed. "lose weight" "look better" are vague goals that don't have time limits.

My goal right now is to run a marathon, and when I don't want to workout I can remind myself how badly I want to accomplish that goal and it motivates me.