Young with arthritis.... Any others?

Options
I want to get healthy so I don't hurt as much. Any others young with same goals. I'm 26 with 2 young kiddos

Replies

• carissaharmon
    Options
    I have two slipped discs that's are degenerating in my low back along with arthritis in my low back... this is why im getting into shape.. I hate always being in pain
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Naw, I'm just lazy as all hell.
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's an awful thing to have. I have it in my knees and wrists/ hands and I am in school for Cosmo lol
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Naw, I'm just lazy as all hell.

I have been that's why I need to change
  • carissaharmon
    Options
    I started school for cosmo but my back couldn't handle it
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    You'll kick *kitten* at Cosmo!
  • amata08
    Options
    I have tendinitis in both wrists. I'm trying to get healthier to help with my GERD, and just to be healthier.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    You'll kick *kitten* at Cosmo!

Thank you been there since August and its a yr program
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I have tendinitis in both wrists. I'm trying to get healthier to help with my GERD, and just to be healthier.

The joys of life.... We can get thru this tho
  • amata08
    Options

The joys of life.... We can get thru this tho

Yep! Might take a while, but it'll be worth it!
  • navywendy00
    Options
    I have arthritis and degenerative joint disease along with 2 herniated disks in my lower back. Carrying this extra weight def. Hurts.
  • d8402l
    d8402l Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I broke my hand as a kid and never got the bones set right, so I have arthritis in my hand. Because of all the weight I've put on I'm having trouble with my knees. It's not arthritis, but it still hurts. I want to lose all this extra weight so I don't have so much joint pain. I know even when I get to a healthy weight I'll still have a bum knee, since I hurt that in high school, but I know it would be so much better if I wasn't putting so much extra weight on it.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I broke my hand as a kid and never got the bones set right, so I have arthritis in my hand. Because of all the weight I've put on I'm having trouble with my knees. It's not arthritis, but it still hurts. I want to lose all this extra weight so I don't have so much joint pain. I know even when I get to a healthy weight I'll still have a bum knee, since I hurt that in high school, but I know it would be so much better if I wasn't putting so much extra weight on it.

I feel the same way
  • spartania
    Options
    I hurt my knee (torn ACL) when I was 19 and didn't do much about it until I re-hurt it again at 24. I ended up having surgery to repair the ACL, as well as bone spurs and meniscus tears. My doctor told me I had the knees of a 50 year old with arthritis setting in nicely...nearly 10 years later, it means I now have the knees of a 60 year old. :( The surgery helped, but still get pain in it...especially when cold and/or rainy.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I hurt my knee (torn ACL) when I was 19 and didn't do much about it until I re-hurt it again at 24. I ended up having surgery to repair the ACL, as well as bone spurs and meniscus tears. My doctor told me I had the knees of a 50 year old with arthritis setting in nicely...nearly 10 years later, it means I now have the knees of a 60 year old. :( The surgery helped, but still get pain in it...especially when cold and/or rainy.

Wow I deal with most the same
  • kat_hart
    kat_hart Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey! 28 here with alot of osteoarthritis. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in my late teens. I've broken every limb bone twice, had my right knee operated on twice, and the left once(the right needs to be redone already :( ) and less than a year ago I had a three level fusion in my lower back. I'm almost back up to my heaviest weight again, and super depressed about it. Two small kids that sometimes take all I have just to keep up with them. I'm finding it difficult to keep myself motivated every time I try to start a workout regimen and it ends up being too intense for my joints and back. I guess just keep plugging away, and keep in mind you're not alone.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear all that. I'm here if u ever need to talk nice to have others know what we feel